Jaspar Enrichment missing allEnrichment.tsv output

dcamer...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2022, 1:58:16 PM10/26/22
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hello,
I am trying to use JASPAR Enrichment to perform an analysis for a custom range of the genome, but first I have been trying to replicate the test file, and I have been receiving some error messages. Here is the code I have been running on my HPC from within the jaspar_enrichment directory (my “PATH”):
bin/JASPAR_enrich.sh oneSetBg /PATH/Jaspar_hg38 data/example_Fleischer_et_al/clusterA_200bp_hg38.bed data/example_Fleischer_et_al/450k_probes_hg38_200bp.bed JASPAR_enrichment_example

The Jaspar_hg38 is the hg38.tar.gz downloaded from Zenodo with .
The ultimate error I am running into is the allEnrichments.tsv file does not seem to be generated, as I get the following error message regarding “Segmentation fault” or the line being killed for: bin/run_enrichment.sh: line 14.
this error message and the .tsv file is also not in my output directory.
If anyone has insight to help get around this problem and get the example dataset working, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Daniel

Anthony Mathelier

Oct 27, 2022, 10:23:56 AM10/27/22
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your interest in JASPAR. This is very weird and we cannot replicate this error. Did you install the tool using the deployment.sh script?

dcamer...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2022, 10:10:08 AM11/7/22
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hi Anthony, I apologize for the delayed response. I am attempting to restart the process from the beginning incase of any errors. I am having issues executing sudo commands due to permissions on my server that I am working to correct with my institution. I will let you know if these issues get resolved and fix the error messages I received.
Thank you,
Daniel