sox3 motif changes unrecorded ??

Malcolm Cook

Aug 11, 2022, 4:29:44 PM8/11/22
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
I observe that JASPAR2022 holds a new motif for Sox3  MA0514.2 which is substantially different from previous  MA0514.1

I see no mention of this change in the JASPAR Changelog

Is there another record of this change (and possibly other such changes) you can share with me?

Is there rationale for retiring this substantially different motif?  Is it possible that both are valid characterizations of Sox3's binding?

Thanks,

~ Malcolm Cook

Oriol Fornés

Aug 11, 2022, 5:14:06 PM8/11/22
to Malcolm Cook, JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Malcolm,

Actually both motifs are very similar, but one is in the forward and the other in the reverse complementary orientation.

If you click on the green button "Reverse comp." you will see it:

--
Oriol Fornés Crespo, PhD
Research Associate / Wasserman Lab

Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT)
Dpt. of Medical Genetics / University of British Columbia
BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
950 W 28th Ave, Room 3109, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 2.12.49 PM.png

Malcolm Cook

Aug 11, 2022, 8:38:40 PM8/11/22
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Indeed - thanks for the correction and tip.