TFBS download

Aleksandra Kurowska

Mar 28, 2023, 10:34:19 AM3/28/23
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
I want to download Mus musculus TF binding profiles.

In the search bar on the website it gives me 274 profiles, however if I download UCSC_tracks from here there are over 800 profiles.

Could you explain where is this coming from?

Best regards,
Aleksandra

Anthony Mathelier

Mar 29, 2023, 2:32:04 AM3/29/23
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Aleksandra,

Thanks for your interest in JASPAR. The 274 profiles you are referring to were derived from experiments performed using the mouse genome. Nevertheless, TFs from the same taxon share similar DNA binding domain and so the same TF binding profile. That is why we use all profiles from vertebrates to scan the mouse genome with over 800 profiles.
I hope it makes things clearer now.
Best
AM