Run Jasmine tests (coupled to DOM/jquery etc) via command line for CI

Alper Sunar

Dec 4, 2019, 3:57:21 PM12/4/19
to Jasmine

Gregg Van Hove

Dec 18, 2019, 4:47:57 PM12/18/19
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Jasmine is using the new jasmine-browser-runner (https://github.com/jasmine/jasmine-browser) package on NPM to start up a small Node.js-based server to serve all the files and then tear everything down once the test run is complete. I pulled this out into its own package so that it can be used by other projects as well. Currently, it only really supports serving static files from disk (since this is how Jasmine runs its own tests).

I would be happy to hear some feedback and PRs to get that package in a state where it is useful to more folks that want to run their tests in a real browser.

-Gregg

Alper Sunar

Dec 18, 2019, 4:56:55 PM12/18/19
to Jasmine
Running the jasmine tests in the browser is exactly what I was trying to do. I ended up using jest and jest-puppeteer (other parts of the app are in react and the tests are in jest). https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59183847/run-jasmine-tests-coupled-to-dom-jquery-etc-via-command-line-for-ci

Jasmine-browser may be a better fit though. I will try it out.

Thanks Gregg.