failing promise tests lack information

hheen...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2016, 8:34:55 PM7/4/16
to Jasmine

When there is a failure I get output like this:

Running tests...
Started

......******................*..........F........../Users/.../Documents/code/..../node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:61

      fn = function () { throw arg; };

It's very frustrating since it doesn't explain which test fails. The test information is there considering you do see the spec timeline but it doesn't output the test name.

I've tried looking through jasmine options to see how to make jasmine output the spec name but no luck.

Gregg Van Hove

Aug 8, 2016, 12:49:50 PM8/8/16
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
If you're using promises in your specs, you probably want to look into using Jasmine's asynchronous support (http://jasmine.github.io/2.4/introduction.html#section-Asynchronous_Support) to ensure that the spec is done before moving on to the next.

Hope this helps. Thanks for using Jasmine!

-Gregg