Pull requests

Martin Häcker

Sep 2, 2011, 2:32:53 AM9/2/11
to jasmine...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I prepared some pull requests (I'm still a bit new to git, so please bare with me) at <https://github.com/dwt/jasmine>

What do I have to do to get those into Jasmine? I was expecting a discussion to start on these pull requests, as I understood thats what they are for.

Regards,
Martin

Rajan Agaskar

Sep 6, 2011, 1:58:26 PM9/6/11
to jasmine...@googlegroups.com
Usually a pull request is sufficient, but as Jasmine is a nights and weekends project, it tends to take us awhile to look at pull requests. As far as pull requests in general, try to make a separate one for each new feature you're adding (or bug you're fixing, etc). In this case, we may take the exception instance stuff but I think we'd be unlikely to take the title update for now (especially since there is a huge reporter change on the way).

Thanks for using and contributing to Jasmine!

Rajan

Martin Häcker

Sep 12, 2011, 2:39:55 AM9/12/11
to jasmine...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajan,

Am 06.09.2011 um 19:58 schrieb Rajan Agaskar:
> Usually a pull request is sufficient, but as Jasmine is a nights and
> weekends project, it tends to take us awhile to look at pull requests. As
> far as pull requests in general, try to make a separate one for each new
> feature you're adding (or bug you're fixing, etc). In this case, we may take
> the exception instance stuff but I think we'd be unlikely to take the title
> update for now (especially since there is a huge reporter change on the
> way).

That reporter change you're working on, where does that happen?

I'd love it if you could talk a little bit more about what and where you guys are doing with jasmine, that would make it much easier to join the effort.

> Thanks for using and contributing to Jasmine!

Well, now you just need to pull my changes to make me a happy camper. :-)

In the mean time I created another pull request that adds auto-reloading to the testsuite, so it's easier to have the tests running in the background while you are just working in your editor (I use this all the time to keep focus on what I'm doing and not have to constantly switch to the browser, or have some infrastructure I have to set up in the project I'm working on.)

Regards,
Martin

Martin Häcker

Sep 19, 2011, 4:53:59 AM9/19/11

Am 12.09.2011 um 08:39 schrieb Martin Häcker:
> I'd love it if you could talk a little bit more about what and where you guys are doing with jasmine, that would make it much easier to join the effort.

I do have a few spare cycles that I can put into Jasmine, and I'd love to do the refactoring which clears up this in the testsuites so it can be used as storage for values from the constructor that get cleaned up after the test (by virtue of this being discarded). I like this pattern as it's saving a line here and there, it's easy to pass this around to functions that add stuff to it or do setup.

However I'm hesitant writing patches against current head if you're already saying that you'r not going to accept them.

So whats up? Is there another branch that I should base my patches on? Should / could I join the effort in the refactoring of jasmine that you where talking about?

Regards,
Martin