How Linux Has Evolved: A Retrospective On The Past 10 Years - MOSC2011

linuxmalaysia

Jun 1, 2011, 5:18:19 AM6/1/11
How Linux Has Evolved: A Retrospective On The Past 10 Years - MOSC2011

Ever since Linux burst onto the open source scene as 'the new kid on the block' back in the 90s, it has quickly grown into one of the most widely-used operating systems in the world. This talk is a retrospective on the growth of Linux from a hobbyist toy to an enterprise-class operating system, the issues the Linux community has faced, technical and legal. We'll cover the development of the Linux kernel, the various distros and desktops, issues with hardware and software vendors. We also take a look at the state of Linux today, how it's changed since the beginning and yet remain the same.

MOSC2011 Speaker : Nur Hussein

Tuesday 5th July 2011 2pm
Track 1 Business & Innovative OSS Solution

Nur Hussein is a postgraduate student in Computer Science at Boston University. His area of research is high performance operating systems. He dabbles occasionally in open source, and his favourite OS for playing around with is Linux, which he has been playing with for over a decade. http://unixcat.org

Malaysia Open Source Conference 2011 (MOSC2011)

http://www.mosc.my/

Archive

http://blog.mosc.my/2011/06/how-linux-has-evolved-retrospective-on.html