Story of Seenivasagam brothers

Alaga Suvaran

Aug 2, 2021, 10:25:02 AM8/2/21
I have been reading stories about the Seenivasagam brothers in the net. I was just a kid when SP died and used to hear his name when the adults in the family spoke of him and his brother, DR.
It is truly impressive to know the duo's popularity and abled leadership in Ipoh and Perak as far as politics were concerned.
I wish to know if anyone had written books about these towering figures who made many of us in Ipoh proud.
I live in Buntong, where the Ipoh Municipality workshop is still located. My father worked there till his retirement in 1978.
What I would also like to know is whether if the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr. C. N. Annadurai ever made a visit to Buntong, Ipoh in 1969 to officially open the bridge in Jalan Sungai Pari. The bridge since then was named the the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, southern state in India.
As a kid I remember seeing an engraved on a metal plate and etched onto the concrete wall of the bridge.

It said that the bridge was 'officially opened by the Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu,' or something to that effect. I remember only the year 1969 but not the date. After many years when the bridge was upgraded by the council, the metal is no where to be found. Instead a plastic plate that bears the following, "Jambatan C. N. Annadurai" is displayed.

Since this seemed to have taken place during SP Seenivasagam's time, I wonder if you could throw some light on the visit by the CM of TN and the bridge officiated by him.
Thank you