October Matsuri Topic - Preview.

1 view

sleepytako

Sep 28, 2009, 3:11:17 AM9/28/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Here's what I'm thinking of posting for next month's topic. Before I
make it official I was wondering if you have any comments, criticisms.

-----

This month’s Japan Blog Matsuri theme is:

HAMBURGERS!

The Mr. James--the fake gaijin--is out there promoting the McDonald’s
so I think its time for some real people who actually live out here
show what a real Japanese hamburger looks like. The Japanese have a
love of hamburgers and they sure can make a mean one. My wife and I
enjoy taking trips to find new hamburger shops almost as much as we
enjoy finding new super-sento. I’m sure there are a lot of you who
also have a favorite hamburger they can share.

Posts can be submitted in one of three categories.

1- Reviews of a hamburger shop. You can love it or hate it. Look for a
great classic burger or find one of the more unique creations. No
matter what I said above about Mr. James, reviewing a burger into one
of the big hamburger chains would be fine also. If you do this please
put a section at the bottom of your post with the address (in Japanese
if possible) the hours and what day they are closed. I’m going to set
up a special Google map with all the submissions. Also please include
at least 2 photos, one of the shop and one of the hamburger. I expect
most of the posts would fit under this category

2- A hamburger related anecdote or story that has to do with your
experience in Japan. For example, a post about the history of Sasebo
would fit in this category. A photo would be nice, if possible.

3- A post about hamburger themed goods or food products which are not
actual hamburgers. I can think of some candies and other treats that
would go in here. Please include a photo.

ジェイソン (Jason)

Sep 28, 2009, 3:33:36 AM9/28/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Hmm ... this sounds like fun. I can think of several hamburger-
related stories that have happened hear in Japan, including one that
involved a spoon ...

Lookin' forward to reading this month's Matsuri posts :)

Michael

Sep 29, 2009, 7:44:48 AM9/29/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Sounds fun! Only problem I foresee is several people reviewing the
same chain or type of burger...

ジェイソン (Jason)

Sep 29, 2009, 8:22:41 AM9/29/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Hopefully there aren't too many people writing about hamburger
soup ...