HAMBURGERS!

sleepytako

Oct 5, 2009, 9:11:45 PM10/5/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
I've posted and soc'd my announcement but here's the links:

http://sleepytako.blogspot.com/2009/10/hamburgers-october-09-japan-blog.html

http://www.japansoc.com/Blogging/the-october-09-japan-blog-matsuri-topic-will-be-hamburgers/

I hope I followed all the info in the FAQ correctly. I have a few
questions about the widget.

First, how does it work, will it send me an email? (Does the the
widget know my email?)

Second, I wasn't able to put the widget into the body of my post. Any
ideas why? I copied and pasted the code and put it with the HTML, but
nothing showed up.

Nick Ramsay

Oct 5, 2009, 9:48:04 PM10/5/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
BlogCarnival.com is a bit crap, to be honest. It's one of those sites
that used to be popular, but now just keeps going for the sake of it.
For example, their last blog post was in 2007. We use Blog Carnival
because it's *supposed* to give us greater reach - attracting people
to our Matsuri that might otherwise not have found it. In practice,
however, it just attracts spam. That spam, i.e. off-topic entries,
will be emailed to you along with any legitimate entries that have
been submitted through the widget or BC site. So yes, it knows your
email address (I put it in), but your email address is kept private.

The widget itself is ugly. I didn't bother putting it in the blog post
when I hosted the Matsuri. The "Newsroom" page at JapanSoc has the
latest news anyway, and the FAQ lists all past Matsuris:

Newsroom: http://blog.japansoc.com/tag/jbmatsuri/
FAQ: http://faq.japansoc.com/japan-blog-matsuri#Previous_Themes

So in other words, don't worry about it! :-D

On Oct 6, 10:11 am, sleepytako <sleepyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted and soc'd my announcement but here's the links:
>
> http://sleepytako.blogspot.com/2009/10/hamburgers-october-09-japan-bl...
>
> http://www.japansoc.com/Blogging/the-october-09-japan-blog-matsuri-to...

sleepytako

Oct 5, 2009, 10:57:08 PM10/5/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Cool, I figured it would work that way. Thanks Nick!

2JPN

Oct 6, 2009, 9:04:16 AM10/6/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Speaking of burgers, I have a few Japan burger links saved here
http://www.2jpn.com/food. Might be a good resource for some people to
start with.

Looking forward to adding lots more burger links when this matsuri is
done.

R.