The length spammers will go to...

Nick Ramsay

Aug 12, 2009, 3:25:45 AM8/12/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Behind-the-scenes spam on JapanSoc has always been a problem, but I'm
deleting it daily for your viewing pleasure ;)

Anyway, I got one submission from "rhiannon" which I thought I'd
share. The link was titled "Essay Writers" (very spammy) and it linked
to an equally spammy commercial website for essay writers, but check
out the description:

"Last month, my auntie from Japan arrived in our place. She isn't
Japanese but her husband is. They have two kids who was still small.
There was a time when their two kids ask for my help in their summer
homework but I was unable to do it because I can't understand their
language. Thanks to these essay writers who have helped us solved our
problem because they were able to speak in many languages fluently and
at the same time, they can also write it. Hopefully this resource
might help you someday."

Clearly rhiannon is trying to beat the "manual approval" system I have
going, but she'll have to do better than that. I'm like Akismet on
MDMA! :-D

uktokyoite

Aug 13, 2009, 9:25:57 AM8/13/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
Nick that just made me laugh out loud : ) Thanks for sharing ... and
thanks for deleting too! I'm sure you get a lot of this stuff.

Best,

Honor

freedomwv

Sep 5, 2009, 8:49:54 AM9/5/09
to JapanSoc Bloggers
I have always felt that spammers are really sad people. This proves
it.