[JapanSoc Bloggers] Tax in Japan

1 wyświetlenie

Ken Y-N

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2010, 10:36:0719.04.2010
do JapanSoc Bloggers
Hi all (assuming the list isn't dead...),

I saw this interesting snippet:

http://www.debito.org/?p=6506#comment-193957

(No, nothing to do with Debito, so please don't skip!)

"If you have a spouse visa or PR status, open up a sole-proprietorship
consultancy from your home and show that you are trying to earn
income. You don’t have tor register. It’s a Nike thing: Just Do It!
Get the appropriate form from the tax office and get someone whose
Japanese is good enough, if your own isn’t, to tell you all the things
you can deduct; 40% of your rent, your electricity, cell phones,
regular phones, office equipment, overseas business travel, business
cards (make sure they’re bilingual and you name yourself President of
the consulting company. That’s what the tax office guy told me to
do!), inkans, car mileage, gasoline, taxi-fares, professional attire,
watches etc."

Oooh, that sounds nice, to set myself up as CEO of What Japan Thinks
and claim my electricity and internet back to offset the tax on
AdSense earnings! Has anyone done this - I think he means not setting
up a paper company, but just an unofficial entity that doesn't need to
do any proper accountant-signed-off yearly submissions, etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks,
Ken

--
Latest: http://groups.google.com/group/japansoc/topics
Post: Email japa...@googlegroups.com

sleepytako

nieprzeczytany,
20 kwi 2010, 08:20:3320.04.2010
do JapanSoc Bloggers
This sounds good, but for what tax is it? I seem to get money back
from the National Tax, but I still have to pay a lot in my prefectual
taxes. Will it lower those too? Also is it worth the hassle? I always
just go down to the office and have them do it for me.

Considering that I do private classes, computer repair and what not so
I could actually be considered a consultant.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż