わかりやすい?

Kelly

Jan 16, 2011, 6:56:25 PM1/16/11
to Japanese Language Team
http://zmjp.net/home/index.php?option=com_ninjaboard&view=topic&id=14&post=29&Itemid=10#p29

It has come to my attention that many translators feel that the
content of Zeitgeist: Moving Forward is too difficult for the typical
Japanese audience to absorb. There are many 'scientists' which speak
in the film and they use big words that are not commonly used in
Japan. This makes understanding the message more complicated than
necessary.

One idea is to change the English transcript into something that is
easier to understand and translate while conveying the same message.
This effort would require the English native members of the group to
join the translation team and begin simplifying some aspects of the
transcript. Obviously the whole thing does not need to be changed. If
the Japanese Translators would 'flag' sections that need modification
for easier understanding it would make the process that much more
simple.

Another idea is to start working on a Glossary of difficult words and
other jargon that is used with in the Movement. For example "Resource
Based Economy" can be translated in different ways and doesn't
entirely make sense in Japanese. This could be both defined and
explained in the glossary, thus making things easier to understand AND
enabling consistent translations.

Which is easier? Which is simpler? We could do both.

What are your thoughts?

五十嵐 大司

Jan 17, 2011, 7:54:54 AM1/17/11
to japanese-la...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the proposals.

I think making Glossary is good idea! We don't need whole sentence of explanation.

It will help us a lot. Important point is to grasp the real meaning and increase efficiency.

Do you know someone who could paraphrase the difficult words in easy one?

Daiji.

> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:56:25 -0800
> Subject: ●[]● Zeitgeist-Japanese ●[]● わかりやすい?
> From: fun.f...@gmail.com
> To: japanese-la...@googlegroups.com
> --
> You are subscribed to the "Japanese Language Team" group.
> http://groups.google.com/group/japanese-language-team

> Zeitgeist Japan Chapter Site: http://www.zmjp.net
>
> To unsubscribe send an email to:
> japanese-language...@googlegroups.com

Saphire Diablo

Jan 17, 2011, 8:22:46 AM1/17/11
to japanese-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm totally for this idea. I think to modify the original Zeitgeist script from Difficult English to Simple English first, and then translating the Simple English to Japanese would be a better choice in order to get more people understand and interested with the movement. These days youngsters (which should be our target, in my opinion) barely read anything but porn magazines, if we do not simplify the content most people will sleep like 1/5 of the way, especially since the first section of ZM:Forward regarding human nature is the most boring section of all with so much repeated interviews and too many people tackling on the same issues and almost repeating each other.

2011/1/17 Kelly <fun.f...@gmail.com>
--
You are subscribed to the "Japanese Language Team" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/japanese-language-team

Zeitgeist Japan Chapter Site: http://www.zmjp.net

To unsubscribe send an email to:
japanese-language...@googlegroups.com

--
勇・智・仁・信・忠

marina saga

Jan 18, 2011, 1:30:30 AM1/18/11
to japanese-la...@googlegroups.com
Great idea!

Chris Madden sensei was talking about it the other day as well and I thought that would make the translation effort so much easier on some parts.

Hope you all had a good experience and have a renewed sense of hope after the viewing of Z3.  I had to miss it because of my work schedule, unfortunately, but will catch up on the 25th.

Thanks & have a good one!

Marina

Mel

Jan 18, 2011, 3:12:34 AM1/18/11
to japanese-la...@googlegroups.com
I agree, this is an excellent idea. I would like us to make a clear plan at the next chapter meeting.

I hope many will attend and I hope to set up video conferencing for distant members.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Mel Ushikubo

slomo

Jan 31, 2011, 9:10:39 AM1/31/11
to Japanese Language Team
when entering terms into the glossary, the best is to have 2 or 3
candidate terms for words that are difficult to define. A few people
can be in charge of selecting the best terms from the bunch.