Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Kelly

Dec 13, 2010, 4:54:02 AM12/13/10
to Japanese Language Team
Hello everyone,

We are getting ready to start our Translation of Zeitgeist: Moving
Forward into Japanese.
We will be using Google.Docs as the platform for our translation
purposes.
Each translator will be given 1 or 2 pages to translate. Those pages
will be shared with you via Google.Docs. Once your translation has
been completed you will be given another page to translate. When you
have completed the task of either translating or proof-reading a page,
please post a message to this group (Japanese Language Team) and you
will be given a new assignment.

There are going to be approximately 30+ pages to translate. In
addition to translations, each page will need to be proof-read at
least twice.

Here is a sample and explanation of the format we will use for
translating.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtRK8JzV23JedFNQb3ZkRndBTFRwNERxcFNKcFhWZVE&hl=en&authkey=CLy12sgB

We are going to be pressed for time. The due date for translations has
not yet been disclosed, we are guessing Jan 10th at the very latest.
With this in mind, accuracy is more important than speed.

I understand that this is not the most effective way of doing a
project like this but it is the only option we have if we want to have
Japanese subtitles on our DVD on Jan.15th. We will not have direct
control of the transcript. Extra-ordinary measures are being taken to
protect the content until the time of the films release.

We still need Japanese proof-readers as well. So, if someone would
like to translate this message and post it on オープンなカンガエカタ please be my
guest.
http://groups.google.com/group/zeitgeist-japan

Please reply to this group with any questions you might have.

Thank you,

Kelly