How to install Janus in custom folder

Alechan

Oct 12, 2015, 1:49:45 AM10/12/15
to Janus - Vimius
TL;DR: Janus assumes it's installed in ~/.vim. I want to change that.

Hi, I'm trying to keep all my dotfiles in a git repo (tmux, nvim, vim plugins (including janus), zsh, etc) using git submodules and I found some issues with Janus as it's "hardcoded" to always use ~/.vim instead of a relative path.

Is there a way to install it in a custom folder?
Example:
$ file .vimrc
.vimrc: symbolic link to `/home/USER/dotfiles/vim/janus/vim/vimrc'
$ file .vimrc.after
.vimrc.after: symbolic link to `/home/USER/dotfiles/vimrc.after'
$ file .vimrc.before
.vimrc.before: symbolic link to `/home/USER/dotfiles/vimrc.before'
$ ls ~/dotfiles/vim
_backup bootstrap.sh janus Rakefile README.md _temp

This procedure works for my other dotfiles and plugins. If it's not possible, can you think of a good way to "pseudo-solve" my problem?

Thanks