Spring Cleanse

Aynsley Kirshenbaum

Mar 7, 2013, 1:37:01 PM3/7/13
to january-2013...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang!
As a follow up to the Sugar Purge, I will be supporting a two week Spring Cleanse March 25-April 7!

I don't know about you, but I am feeling the flighty beginning beckoning of spring. Scattered thoughts, increased energy, craving fresh light foods while still feeling sluggish and weighed down by the cold and wind. The days are noticeably longer, but it's still not easy to be outside.  The sun peaks out, then it snows. It's sort of an uncomfortable transition, this shift from the dark half of the year to the light half. It's the perfect time to do a cleanse and, in fact, I suspect that this is what Passover and Lent have their roots in. It's time to give our bodies a little bit of a break!

The Spring Cleanse is a bit more strict than the Sugar Purge, but you can of course make it work for you. The main goals are to support the liver by eating foods that boost liver function and avoiding things that the liver has to work hard to detoxify. It's a lot more raw fruits and veggies, a lot less meat and heavy fats, more water and tea and less coffee and alcohol (or no booze at all!).

Details of the Cleanse are:
Dates: Monday March 25th-Sunday April 7th.
Goals: Transition into spring and the light half of the year by consuming foods that support the liver and kidneys and avoid substances that tax these organs, avoid common digestive complaint culprits, improve energy levels, improve mental clarity and feel better

What you get:
Guidelines of what to avoid and what to eat
A Google group support system of others doing the purge
Daily email check ins from me, hopefully motivational
Access to me for questions/concerns throughout the two weeks

What you give:
Your commitment to two weeks of dietary modification
A promise to be supportive of others *and* yourself-no snarky comments or negative reinforcement!
$45 payable to ayn...@aynsleykirshenbaum.com via paypal

If you're in, please let me know! I will add you to the Google group as soon as I receive payment. The food guidelines are already posted, so if you need to shop to prepare, you can get a head start.

If you are interested in joining me and the group again, you can sign up as a repeat customer for $40. If you recruit a friend to join you, you AND your friend pay only $35.

All the best,
Aynsley

Aynsley Kirshenbaum
Fitness Nutrition Wellness