Dessert question

Elizabeth Rapkoch

Feb 10, 2013, 10:20:24 PM2/10/13
to january-2013...@googlegroups.com
Happy last day! I was wondering if any if you have discovered yummy lower sugar desserts that you wouldn't mind sharing. I love the super dark chocolate, but there is just too much caffeine than I can tolerate at night and I would like something to full the evening sugar cravings.

Thanks!

Libby

Sent from my iPhone

Aynsley Kirshenbaum

Feb 11, 2013, 10:07:59 AM2/11/13
to january-2013...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried coconut butter??  I've recently discovered this. It's not smooth like a nut butter, but it can be eaten with a spoon and it's really delicious, filling and satisfying. Sometimes I'll do a spoon or two of that and feel very satisfied.

I also sometimes do unsweetened carob chips at night instead of chocolate. I do the rice cake nut butter thing, but you could do a small handful of them alone or pair with a few cashews.

This could also be a good time for a smoothie if you're feeling an ice creamy type of thing.  Vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract and some cinnamon can make it sweet and desserty...

Rachel Cutler

Feb 11, 2013, 12:15:13 PM2/11/13
to Aynsley Kirshenbaum, january-2013...@googlegroups.com
I LOVE coconut butter more than words, but it is too dangerous for me to be alone with :-)