filling up

Beth Conroy

Jan 30, 2013, 9:39:22 PM1/30/13
to january-2013...@googlegroups.com
So far so good. I haven't been getting hungry because I haven't given myself that option, and I don't predetermine what I am going to eat. I have been bringing tons of options to work and filling up before I go so I don't have to worry. I really can't afford to look at this as a diet, though I pray I drop a pound or 20. I have to constantly remember that it is a cleanse. I am also being easy on myself about not getting in enough vegetables. I'm trying, but first and foremost I am concentrating on the sugar elimination. I'm hoping I can make better choices as each day goes on.

All that being said, I totally MISS my sugar. I am often known to binge eat a whole pint ice cream with candy after a dinner of pizza and bread. Sugar should be scared around me.

Sarah

Jan 30, 2013, 9:57:41 PM1/30/13
to Beth Conroy, january-2013...@googlegroups.com
Ill just tag on to Beth bc she's my sister and that's just what I do....

Today kind of stinks. I have strep throat, but a mild strain of it so I'm not dying but my throat looks gross and I'm exhausted.

But food wise not so bad
-egg sandwich again this morning
-small latte w no sweetener (actually not that bad if you use whole milk)
-roasted veggies, cottage cheese ad small breaded chicken breast ( I guess the breaking is cheating but I don't care)
-few bites of 85% chocolate
-cheese stick
-handful of nuts
-strawberries
-refried black bean wrap w veggies
- maybe a smoothie later w lots of ice to soothe my throat

What I didn't eat:
-every single piece of candy in Duane Reade while I waited for my prescription (Which was really hard bc I was feeling the need to take care/ comfort/treat myself)
-the dessert bars someone made and brought to school tonight
-the oyster crackers someone left on the counter (also a comfort food trigger)

Any suggestions for comforting strep while doing this that isn't a Popsicle or Mac n cheese?

On Jan 30, 2013, at 9:39 PM, Beth Conroy <conro...@gmail.com> wrote:

So far so good. I haven't been getting hungry because I haven't given myself that option, and I don't predetermine what I am going to eat. I have been bringing tons of options to work and filling up before I go so I don't have to worry. I really can't afford to look at this as a diet, though I pray I drop a pound or 20. I have to constantly remember that it is a cleanse. I am also being easy on myself about not getting in enough vegetables. I'm trying, but first and foremost I am concentrating on the sugar elimination. I'm hoping I can make better choices as each day goes on.

All that being said, I totally MISS my sugar. I am often known to binge eat a whole pint ice cream with candy after a dinner of pizza and bread. Sugar should be scared around me.

Bryan Zuckerman

Jan 30, 2013, 10:38:12 PM1/30/13
to Beth Conroy, january-2013...@googlegroups.com
My veggie intake still sucks. If avocado is a veggie it shows up on some sandwiches.

Sent from my iPhone