janrain4j and spring security

clandestino_bgd

Oct 19, 2010, 12:37:39 PM10/19/10
to Janrain4j
Hi,
I have roo based webapp with spring security.
Some users (roles) are authenticated against the existing DB.
I would like to provide easy user signup from various social networks,
so I came accross your nice library.
The question is, how can janrain4j be configured withing spring
security.

Thanks in advance,
milan

Marcel Overdijk

Oct 19, 2010, 3:19:50 PM10/19/10
to Janrain4j
Hi Milan,

The Janrain4j has not (yet) out-of-the-box support for Spring
Security.
But fortunately Spring Security is very pluggable like security
filters.

There was a discussion once about this topic on the Janrain Developers
group: http://groups.google.com/group/rpx-developers/browse_thread/thread/123cb49e381a3c2f
It gives some pointers about implementing such a security filter.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions while implementing a
security filter let me know.

Cheers,
Marcel

On Oct 19, 6:37 pm, clandestino_bgd <milan.agatono...@gmail.com>

Marcel Overdijk

Oct 22, 2010, 7:47:49 AM10/22/10
to Janrain4j
Hi Milan,

Did you succeed integrating Janrain4j with Spring Security?

Cheers,
Marcel

On Oct 19, 6:37 pm, clandestino_bgd <milan.agatono...@gmail.com>

Marcel Overdijk

Nov 22, 2010, 2:54:54 PM11/22/10
to Janrain4j
Hi Milan,

Yesterday I released Janrain4j 1.1.0 which contains improved Spring
Framework and also Spring Security integration.

Have a look at the Spring Security Basic sample (http://
code.google.com/p/janrain4j/source/browse/#svn/trunk/samples/
springsecurity-basic).

Also the demo (http://code.google.com/p/janrain4j/source/browse/#svn/
trunk/samples/demo) is now based on Spring Framework and Spring
Security.
The included JanrainAuthenticationFilter and
JanrainAuthenticationProvider are very flexible and you can e.g.
plugin custom AuthenticationSucceHandler and
AuthenticationUserDetailsService.

If you have any other questions let me know.

I'm also interested to know if you are using the Janrain4j library in
production site.

Cheers,
Marcel

On Oct 19, 5:37 pm, clandestino_bgd <milan.agatono...@gmail.com>

Milan Agatonovic

Nov 22, 2010, 3:28:48 PM11/22/10
to janr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marcel,
I will take a look.
We are not in production yet.
Also I am considering new Spring Social project, besides janrain.
Have you maybe done any corparison with it?

cheers,
milan

“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there." (Lewis Carroll)

Marcel Overdijk

Nov 22, 2010, 3:34:25 PM11/22/10
to Janrain4j
Hi Milan,

No I haven't done a proper comparison yet. But I had a slight look at
it.
As far as I understand is that you have to 'code' all kind of logins
with Spring Social yourself. So if you want Twitter login you have to
use the Spring Social TwitterTemplate in your code. The same for
Facebook with FacebookTemplate.
I don't know if Spring Social support anything like a login page, or
even better an single login page for multiple providers.

This is - IMO - the area Janrain is very strong with. 1 single login
screen and you just configure which providers you offer to your
visitors. And with auth_info call you just use 1 API to retrieve all
available data from that user.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marcel

PS: I would appreciate it if you could would send me a message when
you choose (or not) Janrain4j in your application.

On Nov 22, 9:28 pm, Milan Agatonovic <milan.agatono...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Marcel,
> I will take a look.
> We are not in production yet.
> Also I am considering new Spring Social project, besides janrain.
> Have you maybe done any corparison with it?
>
> cheers,
> milan
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Marcel Overdijk
> <marceloverd...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > .

Milan Agatonovic

Nov 22, 2010, 4:33:02 PM11/22/10
to janr...@googlegroups.com
No problem Marcel, I will let you know.
We are still in evaluation phase.
btw greenhouse.springsource.org is a kind of reference application for spring social.
I think login pages that you mention exist (I can see FB) and should be part of greenhouse.
I plan to evaluate it next week.
My only problem with janrain is 1K for pro license.

thanks again,
milan