JSON schema error in spec docs

Ross Singer

Dec 3, 2008, 1:43:36 PM12/3/08
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I noticed there's a logical fallacy in the JSON schema for feed responses:
http://jangle.org/drupal/spec/1.0/connector_api/feed

in a data object, both content_type and content are optional. They
require each other and "format" which is not marked as optional and
requires the other two.

The obvious solution here is to make format optional, but I don't want
to just edit a "released" spec document (albeit a spec document that I
don't think many people are currently writing miles of code against or
anything).

Any suggestions on a good way to change the doc and let people know it
was changed?

Btw, I uncovered this while writing an integration test suite for
Jangle connectors, which I hope I hope will be finished sometime this
week. It can be found in Jangle's svn in trunk/validators.

-Ross.