Connector HOWTO now on jangle.org

Ross Singer

Mar 9, 2009, 11:37:25 AM3/9/09
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I wrote up a first pass at a simple tutorial to get started writing
connectors. After Code4lib, I realized this was a little confusing
and some background might be helpful.

http://jangle.org/connector/HOWTO

I will readily admit that my closeness to Jangle can lead me to take
things for granted or leave out important details, so this document is
a "work in progress".

If people would rather, this sort of thing could be moved to a wiki of
some sort (like the Google Code wiki or something), but, for now, feel
free to leave comments and I'll be happy to revise if anybody has
questions.

Thanks!
-Ross.

Andrew Nagy

Mar 9, 2009, 11:50:36 AM3/9/09
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ross!  I want to get started on migrating the drivers from VuFInd into Jangle.  I should have some time to get started on this in late March.

Andrew

Ross Singer

Mar 9, 2009, 11:52:40 AM3/9/09
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Oops, Henri-Damien pointed out that the drupal redirect isn't working:

http://jangle.org/drupal/connector/HOWTO

will get you there.

Thanks HDL,
-Ross.

Ross Singer

Mar 9, 2009, 11:56:09 AM3/9/09
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
That'd be awesome.

I'll be happy to contribute in any way you need.

Thanks!
-Ross.

Andrew Nagy

Mar 9, 2009, 12:12:54 PM3/9/09
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Well you can feel free to poke around at the driver code and see if you have any suggestions.  I don't think it should be too difficult.  I can tweak the PHP code so that we have it in PHP for Jangle and then you can port it to Ruby.  Thought "learn ruby" is on my check list for the next couple of months - so I could take a stab at the porting as well.

http://vufind.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vufind/trunk/web/Drivers/