Jangle PHP Library

Ross Singer

Oct 27, 2008, 2:11:50 PM10/27/08
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi y'all,

So I succumbed to your requests... Here is a rough cut at a Jangle PHP library:
http://jangle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/connectors/openbiblio/lib/jangle.php

It requires PHP5, but hopefully that's not a major issue. There's
still a lot to do with it, like, oh... documenting the code... but
it's a start.

In true eating your own dogfood fashion, the OpenBiblio connector is
now using this:
http://connector.jangle.org/resources/

Even though I have not implemented Conditional GETs in it yet, its
uncached performance is already nearly as fast as the Ruby based
connector serving 304s.

So I owe a debt of gratitude to Andrew and David.

-Ross.

Walker, David

Oct 27, 2008, 6:10:51 PM10/27/08
to jangle-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this together, Ross!

> So I owe a debt of gratitude to Andrew and David.

Wow, if a couple of rambling emails about PHP and III connectors gets me a debt of gratitude, what do I get if I actually contribute some code? ;-)

> It requires PHP5, but hopefully that's not a major issue.

Since PHP 4 is now end-of-life, I think you are more than justified here.

> its uncached performance is already nearly as
> fast as the Ruby

Hurray for fast interpreters!

--Dave

David Walker