Jangaroo major versions

Steven Stark

May 13, 2013, 2:23:46 PM5/13/13
to jangaro...@googlegroups.com
I am curious if there's a page that describes the major versions of Jangaroo?

I have tried v1 and v2, briefly, but have not yet tried, or seen, v3 and I know little about the differences between them.

thanks,

-Steven

Frank

May 17, 2013, 3:03:43 AM5/17/13
to Jangaroo Users
Hi Steven,

you are right, this has to be documented.
For the time being, I'd suggest to use the latest jangaroo-tools and
jangaroo-libs 1.0.x. This version uses the build process / packaging
documented on the web site and in the Wiki and it still maintain
(contains all fixes).
The only improvements in Jangaroo 2 are in the build process and
packaging format. It is only really an advantage if you (like
CoreMedia) deploy the Jangaroo application in a Java Application
Server like Tomcat or Jetty, not if you use a static web server like
Apache. Because the packaging and dependency format is incompatible to
Jangaroo 1, we chose a new major version. So it is rather Jangaroo A
and B.

Jangaroo 3 will be the next "big thing" and as soon as the first
preview release is available, I'll blog about it. The main features
are that it will rely on RequireJS for class loading and WebJars for
including JavaScript libraries, and the Runtime has been revamped
based on ECMAScript 5 (but is still working in IE < 9 thanks to ES5-
polyfills).

Greetings
-Frank-

Steven Stark