oimo physics optimisation

Lo Th

Oct 14, 2013, 2:33:07 PM10/14/13
to jangaro...@googlegroups.com
Hello i make some test with Jangaroo
i convert oimo engine a 3d physics engine

the result is not bad but i expected more performance
here the result

http://lo-th.github.io/loth/oimo.js/index.html

and with worker
http://lo-th.github.io/loth/oimo.js/index_dev.html
http://lo-th.github.io/loth/oimo.js/index_rev.html

any idea for optimisation ?
oimo use only math function.

Frank

Oct 15, 2013, 3:53:05 AM10/15/13
to jangaro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lo Th!

This is really a cool demo and a nice physics engine! Thanks for using Jangaroo, I hope you enjoy using it!

Concerning the performance, I tested with Chrome and cannot really see any problem (maybe my computer is too fast ;-)).
I did some JavaScript CPU profiling using Chrome's built-in developer tools, and it turns out that most of the time is spent inside three.js, so there really does not seem to be much optimization potential concerning your physics engine or concerning the JavaScript code generated by Jangaroo.
Maybe if you could be a bit more specific where you would expect your application to perform better or if you have any other "native" three.js demo for reference that runs substantially faster?

Greetings
-Frank-

Lo Th

Oct 15, 2013, 7:52:34 AM10/15/13
to jangaro...@googlegroups.com
thanks yes jangaroo is a great tool.
i test 2.0.6 version is the same, i see you talk about v3 ?
yes i have to improve comunication oimo/three and find the best loop methode
three.js run at 60 fps and with worker i have 60 with oimo if i limite to 100 objects is not bad and near flash result
i have many test to do oimo have some great tools

anyway i love jangaroo :)

Lo Th

Oct 18, 2013, 5:52:46 AM10/18/13
to jangaro...@googlegroups.com