Fwd: Re: the jane install

David Vilar

Jun 3, 2011, 4:57:21 AM6/3/11
to jane-users@googlegroups.com >> jane Users
Forwarding to the mailing list...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: the jane install
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:55:37 +0200
From: David Vilar <david...@dfki.de>
To: xiaodong <xiaod...@gmail.com>
CC: jane Users <jane-...@googlegroups.com>

Hi!

On 06/03/2011 04:41 AM, xiaodong wrote:
> top@moses01:/media/sdb3/jane$ scons -j3 SRILIBV=standard COMPILE=debug
> VERBOSE=full
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
> error: no result
> Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
> error: no result
> Checking for C++ library oolm... no
> Error: The SRI LM Toolkit must be installed (under a "SRI" include
> dir)

You probably are missing to set the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables. From
your directory structure it seems it should be

export CPPFLAGS=-I/media/sdb3/jane/
export LDFLAGS=-L/media/sdb3/jane/lib

and try to run scons again.

Regards,

David

--
David Vilar Torres
DFKI GmbH, Alt-Moabit 91c, 10559 Berlin

--------------- Legal Note ---------------
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313

xiaodong

Jun 4, 2011, 7:49:38 AM6/4/11
to jane Users
hi ,

when I export the variables:
export CPPFLAGS=-I/media/sdb3/jane/
export LDFLAGS=-L/media/sdb3/jane/lib

it seems works, but other errors occur:

top@moses01:/media/sdb3/jane$ scons -j3
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
error: no result
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
error: no result
Checking for C++ library oolm_c... yes
Checking for C++ library NumericalRecipes... no
Checking for C++ library cppunit... yes
Not building #/bin/i686/optimizer.i686-standard because library
NumericalRecipes is missing.
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: `options.bash' is up to date.
scons: `options.zsh' is up to date.
scons: `queueSettings.bash' is up to date.
scons: `queueSettings.zsh' is up to date.
In file included from src/Optimization/OptimizeNBest.hh:9,
from src/Optimization/OptimizeNBest.cc:1:
src/Optimization/Mert.hh:9:18: error: term.h: no the file or
directory
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-result"
scons: *** [build/i686-standard/Optimization/OptimizeNBest.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors

Firstly , how to install NumericalRecipes C++ library under linux os
( ubuntu ) and which version ?
Then, the g++ version may be wrong for compiling ,but I export the
variable CXX=g++-4.1

Thank you in advance
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

David Vilar

Jun 6, 2011, 3:40:31 AM6/6/11
to jane-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there are a couple of errors:

On 06/04/2011 01:49 PM, xiaodong wrote:
> src/Optimization/Mert.hh:9:18: error: term.h: no the file or
> directory

This is actually an include from an older version and is not needed any
more. You can either install libncurses (-dev if you are using some
ubuntu/debian based system) or remove the include line in
src/Optimization/Mert.hh. Upcoming versions will not have this line.

> cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-result"

This is a flag in newer versions of g++ (I don't know exactly which
version included it first). If you do not want to update your gcc, you
can just remove or comment line 139 in the SConstruct file. You may have
some compiler warnings, though, but nothing crititcal.

> Firstly , how to install NumericalRecipes C++ library under linux os
> ( ubuntu ) and which version ?

For installing NumericalRecipes, you have first to purchase the book,
they are not freely available. In the CD included you find the needed
files. Note however that you do not need this library for normal usage
of Jane.

Best regards,