Problems in Installing Jane

Nisheeth

Feb 18, 2012, 3:53:43 AM2/18/12
to jane Users
Dear Sir,

I am having a problem in installing jane. I have set the flag variable
as

CPPFLAGS=-I/home/nisheeth/other/jane2/include/SRI
LDFLAGS=-L/home/nisheeth/other/jane2/lib

On running the system I get a message that SRILM should be installed.
This is the snapshot of the problem

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
Checking for C++ library oolm_c... no
Error: The SRI LM Toolkit must be installed (under a "SRI" include
dir)

I am enclosing my directory snapshot in the log file. include
directory has SRI folder, in which include has been renamed as SRI. It
is working fine i.e. manually i have generated a language model
through it.

Kindly let me know where I have gone wrong.

Kindly reply,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nisheeth

Jörn Wübker

Feb 18, 2012, 1:09:14 PM2/18/12
to jane-...@googlegroups.com, Nisheeth
Hi Nisheeth,

in the current version of Jane, you are required to compile the SRI LM
toolkit with the OPTION=_c flag.
To set it up for the Jane installation, please follow the instructions
on page 5-6 of the manual
(http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/jane/manual.pdf).
This should solve the problem.

Best,
Joern

Nisheeth Joshi

Feb 20, 2012, 7:01:06 AM2/20/12
to jane-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir

I have recompiled srilm with default as well as _c option. I have also
created a externalTools folder in jane2 where include and lib have
been copied. include has SRI folder which has srilm/include content
and lib as i686 and i686_c of srilm/lib.

Now when i give a command

CPPFLAGS=-I/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/include/SRI
FDFLAGS=-L/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib CXX=g++-4.4.4
MARCH=opteron scons -j3

I get the following output

MARCH=opteron scons -j3

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

Checking whether the C++ compiler worksno
Warning: Option -march=native not supported by the compiler, using
generic optimizations.
You may specify the target architecture with the MARCH
environment variable.
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksno

Checking for C++ library oolm_c... no
Error: The SRI LM Toolkit must be installed (under a "SRI" include dir)

I do not understand. Now, what seems to be the problem. Kindly help me.

Kindly reply,

Sincerely,
Nisheeth

Nisheeth Joshi

Feb 20, 2012, 7:05:37 AM2/20/12
to jane-...@googlegroups.com
Since I had a problem with g++ version I removed it and gave a command

CPPFLAGS=-I/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/include/SRI
FDFLAGS=-L/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib scons -j3

and not I am getting a message.

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
Checking whether the C++ compiler worksyes
Checking for C++ library oolm_c... no
Error: The SRI LM Toolkit must be installed (under a "SRI" include dir)

Is this the problem with g++ or I am doing something wrong.

Kindly reply,

Sincerely,
Nisheeth

Jörn Wübker

Feb 20, 2012, 12:20:06 PM2/20/12
to jane-...@googlegroups.com, Nisheeth Joshi
Hi Nisheeth,

if I interpret your description correctly, your directory
/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib now contains two subdirectories,
i686 and i686_c, both of which contain identically named files.
If this is correct, please copy the contents of
/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686 to
/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib.
Then, rename the files in /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686_c
as described in the manual:
cd /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686_c
for i in *.a; mv $i ${i/.a/_c.a}; done
and copy them to /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib as well.

/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib should now contain these files:
libdstruct.a libdstruct_c.a libflm.a libflm_c.a
liblattice.a liblattice_c.a libmisc.a libmisc_c.a
liboolm.a liboolm_c.a

Now Jane should be able to find the SRILM toolkit.

Best regards,
Joern

Am 20.02.12 04:05, schrieb Nisheeth Joshi:

>> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM, J�rn W�bker

Jörn Wübker

Feb 20, 2012, 12:27:04 PM2/20/12
to jane-...@googlegroups.com, Nisheeth Joshi
> Hi Nisheeth,
>
> if I interpret your description correctly, your directory
> /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib now contains two
> subdirectories, i686 and i686_c, both of which contain identically
> named files.
> If this is correct, please copy the contents of
> /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686 to
> /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib.
> Then, rename the files in
> /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686_c as described in the manual:
> cd /home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib/i686_c
> for i in *.a; mv $i ${i/.a/_c.a}; done
sorry, this should of course be
for i in *.a; do mv $i ${i/.a/_c.a}; done

Joern Wuebker

Feb 21, 2012, 12:23:34 AM2/21/12
to jane Users
> >> CPPFLAGS=-I/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/include/SRI
> >> FDFLAGS=-L/home/nisheeth/jane2/externalTools/lib scons -j3

also, it should be LDFLAGS instead of FDFLAGS