"Zero at the Bone" in the DABWAHA contest

Jane Seville

Mar 19, 2010, 12:17:40 PM3/19/10
to Jane Seville Books
Hello readers! I am as ever hard at work on the sequel to "Zero at
the Bone." It's being persnickety and it keeps changing what kind of
book it wants to be and I'm afraid I've had to start over once, but it
is coming. I appreciate your patience and your continued support.

But today there is good news!

"Zero at the Bone" has been nominated for the yearly DABWAHA
tournament. That stands for Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for
Hellagood Authors. It's a March Madness style book competition, 64
books start and at the end one is standing. It's run by two of the
biggest book blogs out there, Dear Author and Smart Bitches, Trashy
Books. There are actual prizes to be won plus bragging rights and a
metric shit-ton of publicity for me if I get far in the competition.

Now, this is kind of a big deal, since this is not a GLBT contest.
It's a contest in all genres including mainstream romance. Only eight
GLBT titles made the cut and Zero is one of them.

I don't normally do this, in fact I swore I never would, but it'd be
totally awesome if anybody wanted to go vote for me. I feel kinda bad
because the book Zero is pitted against in the first round, "Tigers
and Devils" by Sean Kennedy, is also a totally awesome book and I wish
we could both go forward if either of us do. So far, Zero is
winning. But you never know.

So go to http://dabwaha.com/ to vote. Click "vote here" to take you
to Set 4 of Round 1, where Zero is seeded. It'd be cool to vote in
all the matches, just to make things kinda fairish.

Voting expires at noon tomorrow. It just opened up at noon today. So
go vote! And if you'd rather vote for Tigers and Devils, please do.
Sean totally deserves it and his book rules. You should all read it,
I highly recommend it as well as "Shades of Grey," another
Dreamspinner title which also made the tournament.

Cheers,
Jane

Linda S

Mar 19, 2010, 12:43:38 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jane,

I voted for Zero because I love the story so MUCH!   you're in the lead so far.

Linda

"I take great pride in my soul, and the consistency and longevity of my love." Heath Ledger Sept 2005

Verena M

Mar 19, 2010, 12:57:48 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane!

I just voted for Zero at the Bone and I really hope you win. I love your
book so much.

Lovely Greetings

Verena

Arzu Aydemir

Mar 19, 2010, 1:00:08 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane,
Just voted vor "Zero at the bone". I loved the book.
Greetings
Arzu

Mar 19, 2010, 1:07:27 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jane
glad to hear some updates from you, I was just thinking yesterday about sending you an e-mail and asking how it is going with the sequel to Zero at the Bone. I love that book and already have read it 3x. It is such a masterpiece!

Just voted for you and you are leading with 66% of the vote. I agree Sean's book is great too.

Anxiously awaiting your sequel
Ursula

Mar 19, 2010, 3:10:16 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
I, too, am happy to get some "Jane news"!!  I will absolutely vote for Zero - love it love it love it!  I also love Shades of Grey...haven't read Tiger's and Devils but with the rave reviews maybe I should.  Thanks for the update, Jane, and congrats on this honor.  I'm you sending lots of good vibes re: the work you're doing with the Zero sequel...oh I am looking so forward to that...don't care how long I have to wait!  Missing those Zero guys and true.

Lisa/BBMISwear :-)

DWIGHT JACKSON

Mar 19, 2010, 4:52:32 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vote.
Zero at the Bone is a classic and might just be the best gay themed book ever written. I can't wait for the sequel!
Everyone I've recommended it to has thanked me,over and over.
Thanks
Dwight

Mar 19, 2010, 6:06:16 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
voted!

good luck

Liz Pawsey

Mar 19, 2010, 8:00:28 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Dutifully voted for Zero, a book which embraces many more than the GLBT category. I loved, loved, loved Tigers & Devils and Zero has been pitted against one of the best books I have read in the last year. However Zero has a far greater degree of character development and amazing depths to the story lines for any book, let alone a debut. It has set one hell of a yardstick for the next release...which is coming soon...right???

Swearing not to do something could be considered a good thing when it's the wicked chocolate torte that's calling your name from behind the glass cabinet or the little black dress that costs double figures for each and every stitch. But, this is your passion and a chance at being 'known' and acknowledged for the great writer you are. Go for it!

...and don't forget to tell us next time it's up for the next round of voting, some of us in different time-zones need a nudge.

cheers
Liz

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." -Charles Schultz

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social fauxpas. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the mutt next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

kimb...@comcast.net

Mar 19, 2010, 8:51:56 PM3/19/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
Loved Zero at the Bone also loved the web stories.  When you going to update with a new web story?  Thanks

Mar 20, 2010, 2:39:19 AM3/20/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com
I threw my vote in, "Zero at the Bone" after many, many books since is still one of my favorites....

Iana Strominger

Mar 20, 2010, 9:16:43 PM3/20/10
to Jane Seville Books
I could not vote because I didn't look at my email until now! But I
love, love, love Zero at the Bone & hope you win. Have not read ANY
of the other titles (and I call myself a slash aficionado) oh, except
for False Colors which was excellent but still not as good as ZATB. D
and Jack are just so well drawn, want to stay in their universe
forever.

ajc...@aol.com

Mar 23, 2010, 2:23:23 PM3/23/10
to jane-sevi...@googlegroups.com