HP 3d scan pro autoIT script error com port

Michael Woodcock

Sep 6, 2020, 10:22:23 AM9/6/20
to janbeck google sites discussion page
Around line 32 in the script

$comObject = ObjCreate("DeviareCOM.NktSpyMgr")   ; Create an COM object to access the Deviare interface $comObject.Initialize $eventObject=ObjEvent($comObject,"Deviare2_","DNktSpyMgrEvents")  ; events from comObject are now passed to eventObject

it creates the following error:

 $comObject.initialize $comObject^ ERROR Error: Variable must be of type "Object"

I tried downgrading autoIT to the last version but now I have more problems, please help!

jan...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2020, 11:29:59 AM9/6/20
to janbeck google sites discussion page
Well, I haven't looked at that in years. So I can only give general advice. The error seems to indicate that objcreate failed. There can be many reasons. Perhaps deviare is not installed, or it's the wrong version, or the version of your OS interferes, or ....

Robert Hoffmann

Jan 24, 2022, 2:17:25 PM1/24/22
to janbeck google sites discussion page
Hello Jan,

thank you for the good work. I have the same Issue like Michael.
Maybe you can tell me which version of deviare is required and what to do with deviare?

Thank you

jan...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2022, 2:31:08 PM1/24/22
to janbeck google sites discussion page
Well, it's been even more years now... :P
I found an old email exchange with someone who had that error and eventually got it to work, but didn't tell me what was wrong. I suggested:

make sure the dll is registered:
regsvr32 DeviareCOM.dll

and if you are on a 64 bit system:

regsvr32 DeviareCOM64.dll

And got back an answer:
"
1. Start your program
2. Start David 5

I added a messagebox per your instructions and realised that the startorder is important :-)

Voila :)

Thanks for all support!
"
So maybe it was just the start order..