JamTracker - Advertisements

Steven Theisen

Jun 21, 2013, 12:37:21 PM6/21/13
to jamtr...@googlegroups.com
The makers of JamTracker are opening up the hood again to make changes.
The top two most requested features include:

  1. The ability to support advertising
  2. The ability to view/customize shortcut key

Where do you stand on this?
Are there specific ways you would like these features to work?
Do you have other ideas?

Dan Lee

Jul 3, 2013, 2:56:44 PM7/3/13
to jamtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven,

1. The "Overlay Image" for the banner seems confusing. What about just calling it what it is like "advert banner" or something?

2. This is crucial. I'd like a way on the main score (and other screens, like curtain) to automatically rotate banner ads through out the bout like a powerpoint type presentation timer. During last Saturday's bout, there was no way I had time to change the overlay banner image during a running jam/bout manually.
    a. An idea would be: Drop all advertising graphics under a designated folder labeled for each view/screen. e.g. Main/ Then, have Jamtracker automatically rotate/loop sequentially through the images in that directory. Each ad banner would be displayed for a user defineable period of time. So, if banner rotate is set to 30 seconds (minutes?) banner would change only after this time has elapsed.
    b.  Related to 3a. above, Being able to sponsor a Jam or lineup. Everytime a new lineup countdown is started, change ad.  Jam starts, change ad. This would give us 30 sec and and 2 min ads to sell if we want to get that granular.

Having seperate file directories or some other way to group the advertiser graphics would help organize who's advertising when. We might have full bout sponsors, pre game, intermission, etc. I see ability to rotate large graphics for pregame curtain and halftime as a good feature.

Thanks again for your work.
Dan