JAmiga MOS changes

Joakim Nordström

Jun 24, 2011, 6:06:12 AM6/24/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com

Forwarded conversation
Subject: JAmiga
------------------------

From: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Date: 2011/6/8
To: joakim.n...@gmail.com

Hello Joakim

I think I should do a bit on JAmiga next time, just wanted to let you know :)
Hope I can do something at the Weekend.

First I will check if the new source will compile on MorphOS.

Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings

Thore

----------
Från: Joakim Nordström <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
Datum: 9 juni 2011 08:21
Till: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>

Hi Thore!
That sounds great! I have made sure it compiles for OS 3, so any OS 4 specific stuff should be in defines.
I have started with a network implementation, which is far from ready. That code is checked in as network.c, but I can't remember if it compiles a.t.m. I will try to look at it, and make it compile (I really should have made a branch...). Anyways, the network code isn't used, so just remove it from the makefile, if it doesn't work.
I won't be home this weekend, but if you have questions I will read the mail.

Good luck!

/Joakim

----------
Från: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Datum: 9 juni 2011 19:19
Till: "\"Joakim Nordström\"" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>

Hello

The source is not compilable under MorphOS
I changed following things:

1. created ppcinline/nativelib.h
2. changed proto/nativelib.h (with MorphOS Define which switches to ppcinline/nativelib)
3. altered jammsg/Makefile

details:
1. ppcinline/nativelib.h
changed <inline/macros.h> to <ppcinline/macros.h>
changed #define GetLibraryContent... to:
#define GetLibraryContent() \
       LP0(0x1e, APTR, GetLibraryContent, \
       , NATIVELIB_BASE_NAME,0,0,0,0,0,0)

changed _INLINE_NATIVELIB_H to _PPCINLINE_NATIVELIB_H

2. proto/nativelib.h
#ifdef __MORPHOS__
#include <ppcinline/nativelib.h>
#else
#include <inline/nativelib.h>
#endif

3. Makefile includes -mcrt=clib2 which is not compatible with MorphOS. Removed this.

Then I discovered lots of Warnungs like:
"-5l%" -> should be long int but is int.

Unfortunately compiling jmsg.library throws an error in liba.a (stdio.o) --> no reference to: ThisRequiresConstructorHandling

I haven't found out how to get rid of this problem. Do you know that?

Thank you

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

----------
Från: Joakim Nordström <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
Datum: 9 juni 2011 22:55
Till: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>

Hi,

Den 9 juni 2011 19:19 skrev Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>:
Hello

I will try to merge these changes into SVN. Some of the files for libraries are actually generated with ldtool(?) and such, and shouldn't be in SVN -- don't know if these are any of them though.
These are probably from my JA_DEBUG/JA_ERROR etc defined in debugging.h. I don't think I get those warnings with OS4-compiler, so probably some #ifdef MORPHOS there aswell, altering the modifiers.
I have never seen that before. Could be something in the liba.a, which then would be MorphOS specific.
Googling led me to this:
with reference to this:

Some sort of libnix thing?

Thank you

No, thank you, for giving me incitement to continue! :)

/Joakim

----------
Från: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Datum: 9 juni 2011 23:17
Till: "\"Joakim Nordström\"" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>

Hello Joakim

Yes it's exactly this libnix stuff. Hope this will bring us forward. Now I have to thank you ;)

Regards

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:55:34 +0200

--

----------
Från: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Datum: 11 juni 2011 14:51
Till: "\"Joakim Nordström\"" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>

Hello Joakim

I removed the Printf stuff in the jmag sources and disabled DEBUG, so I could compile the lib on MorphOS. Don't know yet why stdio stuff won't compile in this lib.
But this seems to work for now. Get ready to move on :)

Regards

An: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Betreff: Re: JAmiga

Från: Joakim Nordström <joakim.n...@gmail.com>