Jamiga4all and a offer

Pascal Papara

Aug 24, 2010, 7:54:12 AM8/24/10
to jamiga2
Hi,
i was contacted by a nice guy because of my work on AMC and the app-
browser. Well i'm looking for games and apps to add.He told me that a
indie company http://www.red27studios.com/ would like to bring here
soccer game to the AMIGA.
After some talk i got the info that it is based on JAVA (2D functions
only). I could stop here but i was aware of Jamiga and thought to take
this as reason to help you and me and all gamers : )

Please could you contact me via email? I would like that you (who
knows what works and what not) and Pete from re27studios could talk
about technical stuff. This way we can see what is missing, or what
could be made to work easily.

After this i would like to get help from you to write a detailed
Bounty description whith the goal to get this game running.
I know and i fear it will be a harder task, but i think it is a
start.

Also i will start a second Bounty "AROS" related. "Port Jamiga to
AROS"

Best Regards,
Pascal Papara
www.aros-broadway.de
www.aresone.de

PS: I tried to contact you via Amigaworld before but i also don't
check everyday my accounts : )

Joakim Nordström

Sep 5, 2010, 7:04:00 AM9/5/10
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm sorry for the late response, but I have been on vacation.

This is indeed a nice project and aim/milestone for JAmiga. I took  a quick look at the game archive, and the linux version has two .so-libraries which I assume would need porting to Amiga. For now the native libraries are Amiga-libraries (.library), but I have been thinking of adding support for the OS4 shared objects libraries. How these libraries work for Aros, I do not know, but the aim is ofcourse having one JAmiga for all.

The first step would be an Aros compile of JAmiga. Here I could use some help, since my Aros skills are limited. I am currently trying to cross-compile JAmiga for m68k on my Linux-machine, and in the process also tidying up the makefiles making them work for all Amiga flavours.

The interest for anyone trying to compile JAmiga has been limited, to say none, atleast no one has had specific questions on this list. But JAmiga should compile from the SVN trunk. So if anyone has a working dev environment and wants to compile: speak up. :)

As noted, there is a lot of work. But I have lately been getting some work done on GNU Classpath 0.98 (the latest atm), and that is encouraging.

/Joakim

Pascal Papara

Sep 5, 2010, 7:58:26 AM9/5/10
to jamiga2
Thanks for preplying on Aros-Exec! If you could help me to make a
matching bounty description, i would sponsor it.
Could you please send me a pm because i have not found you email
address anywhere, so i posted in you google group.

It all startet with a game... so my hope is that if you would talk a
bit with Pete from http://www.red27studios.com/ about what is
missing... we could have another general "platform" independent bounty
with the end goal "running Awesome Soccer World 2010".... well i know
it will be a hard task but if we get this point many thing will be
done. And if it take 6-12 month and some money so someone can at least
work 1-2 month non-stop on it, well ok at least the ball is running
then.

To sum up:
I think about 2 bounties:
1. Port Jamiga to AROS

2. Work on Jamiga to get xy running. (since this is good for all
amigans it could be get some attention)

Best Regards,
Pascal

PS: If you wan't to contact me directly please you ppapara(at)web.de