What is working?

zChris

Jul 18, 2011, 4:57:30 AM7/18/11
to jamiga2
I was wondering what does work with the engine atm? What examples in
classpath can you run? Would be nice if you could state what examples
and what os you are using

/zChris

Thore Sittly

Jul 18, 2011, 7:31:15 AM7/18/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am using MorphOS 2.7 and fixed some bugs to make JAmiga2 runable on it. Also I implemented JAR loading and direct use of JAR files, and unix style pathnames for classpath, making the use of JAmiga2 along with jikes possible.

For now, everything in the classpath demos which runs on Shell works on JAmiga (Text IO, complex calculations, threads, file IO,...) also the direct intuition examples (Windows, Gadget handling, graphics...). Joakim is doing network stuff atm, and I explore the ability of using MUI for AWT and Swing, which won't work for now.
I also tried some other examples which also worked for the most of it.
There is still some features missing, hope we can do it rapidly :)

kind regards

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 01:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
Von: zChris <chris....@gmail.com>
An: jamiga2 <jam...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: What is working?

chris....@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2011, 2:34:18 PM7/18/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Ah alright.
I was also wondering if it is enough to compile the java binary in src to run a simple java program or if you need java-lang.library and the others compiled too.

/Christoffer

Joakim Nordström

Jul 18, 2011, 2:43:01 PM7/18/11
to jamiga2
Hi Christoffer!

I think som stuff might work with only the jamiga main executable. You
should atleast be able to start it and it should say something
relatively friendly (i.e. exception) if a lib couldn't be opened.

Are you still having trouble compiling the libs under OS3? You have
followed the readme, and created all the stuff in include/? I'll try
to find some time to make it compilable udner OS3 aswell -- it has
worked.

Regarding test classes to run, we really should have a few that one
could try with -- aswell as jar-files, now that we support that.

/Joakim

On 18 Juli, 20:34, <chris.ekma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah alright.
> I was also wondering if it is enough to compile the java binary in src to run a simple java program or if you need java-lang.library and the others compiled too.
>
> /Christoffer

chris....@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2011, 2:56:17 PM7/18/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Yeah i think ive done the most things right :) Not sure though.

java compilar
jamint compilar
jamsg compilar
java-io compilar
java-util compilar
java-nio compilar not undefined references to ixemul.library
java-lang compiler not
java-net compilar not
java-lang compilar not

this is the situation for me atm :)

/Christoffer

Thore Sittly

Jul 19, 2011, 10:57:37 AM7/19/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoffer

For what OS did you try to compile it? I'm sure we can fix these problems quickly.

@Joakim:
Don't forget to include unix style path for classpath variables and jar file loading with parameter, which is already in the MorphOS branch. ;)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:56:17 +0200
Von: chris....@gmail.com
An: jam...@googlegroups.com
Betreff: Re: What is working?

Joakim Nordström

Jul 19, 2011, 12:27:38 PM7/19/11
to jamiga2

Chris is helping out with the OS3 version. I have the same WinUAE
installation on my Linux, so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Thore, is your branch currently in a state where it compiles under
MOS? I have looked at your changes, and will try to incorporate them
into the trunk as soon as possible. I'll start planning for a release.

I've also updated the blog with some info of the current JAmiga team,
hope it's okay with you. If you'd like to, I can give you access to
the blog, if you have anything to scribble down.

/Joakim

On 19 Juli, 16:57, "Thore Sittly" <TSit...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Christoffer
>
> For what OS did you try to compile it? I'm sure we can fix these problems
> quickly.
>
> @Joakim:
> Don't forget to include unix style path for classpath variables and jar
> file loading with parameter, which is already in the MorphOS branch. ;)
>

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:56:17 +0200
> > Von: chris.ekma...@gmail.com

Thore Sittly

Jul 19, 2011, 12:29:05 PM7/19/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Yes, with the JA_PRINTF define in jammsg I could compile all libs and binaries on MorphOS.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
Von: "Joakim Nordström" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
An: jamiga2 <jam...@googlegroups.com>

Chris E

Jul 20, 2011, 2:32:44 PM7/20/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hey Thore

Im trying to compile it on OS 3.1. Im using WinUAE with Louizs gcc.hd. Atm when i try to compile java-lang i get undefined references to __DOSBase and _WBench i think. Was some more bot mostly Dosbase. Says its from libnix.a. Thats where i am now.

/Christoffer Ekman

Joakim Nordström

Jul 20, 2011, 4:20:18 PM7/20/11
to jamiga2

I looked at it, it seems that the library bases differ from OS3 to
OS4. I changed it, and will add some defines for it... all though I
can't figure out why it haven't happened it the other source files.

Furthermore, I can't grasp how to add net support. Do we have to use
ixemul for bsdsocket.library, or is there an SDK with netincludes, not
using ixemul for OS3? (I'm not a fan of ixemul.) AmiTCP:s lib-files on
Aminet (v 4.3) can only be used with SASC.

Anyhow, I'm on it, and will try to make it compile, with or without
net-support. Might try another installation of OS3... I really don't
know what's included in that HDF-file.

/Joakim

On 20 Juli, 20:32, Chris E <chris.ekma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Thore
>
> Im trying to compile it on OS 3.1. Im using WinUAE with Louizs gcc.hd. Atm
> when i try to compile java-lang i get undefined references to __DOSBase and
> _WBench i think. Was some more bot mostly Dosbase. Says its from libnix.a.
> Thats where i am now.
>
> /Christoffer Ekman
>
> 2011/7/19 Thore Sittly <TSit...@gmx.de>
>

> >  Hi Christoffer
>
> > For what OS did you try to compile it? I'm sure we can fix these problems
> > quickly.
>
> > @Joakim:
> > Don't forget to include unix style path for classpath variables and jar
> > file loading with parameter, which is already in the MorphOS branch. ;)
>
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:56:17 +0200
> > Von: chris.ekma...@gmail.com

Chris E

Jul 20, 2011, 7:01:00 PM7/20/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Ah awesome, although its pretty weird since it worked on 3.1 in the beginning right? Oh and if you got the time would like a small sumup on what you looked at and how you figured out what needed change and such, it is for me so i could learn and maybe deal with stuff like this in the future :) Only if you feel that you got the time for it though :) Dont wanna take any effort from the project itself ;)

/Christoffer Ekman

Joakim Nordström

Jul 22, 2011, 6:40:37 AM7/22/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've looked at it, and it's most certainly something wrong with LibCrossCompile.mk; the last section is used for Classic. Comparing to java-io, which you say work, one notice a few differences. java-io does not use LibCrossCompile.mk, it only uses its own Makefile, so look at that makefile, and make sure that LibCrossCompile does the same thing. When I moved stuff out to LibCrossCompile, and obviously didn't do that for java-io (and a few others, I guess).

In java-io there are declared structs for i.e. __MathIeeeDoubTrans, which is assigned the value of the real MathIeeDoubTrans. I can only assume that this is to solve issues such as "undefined reference to __MathIeeeDoubTrans". So I'm guessing the same needs to be done for java-nio. I.e. add structs for __DOSBase and assign them when DOSBase is loaded. I think this should only be neccessary for javanio.c, other files could probably be left untouched. But I'm not certain.

/Joakim