MUI toolkit?

Thore Sittly

Jul 9, 2011, 8:22:06 AM7/9/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hello

What do you think to implement a MUI toolkit for awt and swing?
Wouldn't this be better than an intuition toolkit, since we got much more components to fit the neccessary awt/swing stuff?

regards

Thore

Joakim Nordström

Jul 10, 2011, 3:06:05 AM7/10/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think MUI would probably be the best GUI candidate, since it's supported by all Amiga-flavours. I am however very inexperienced with MUI. I don't know how MUI fits into Intuition/BOOPSI. ReAction is, as I've understood it, ReAction is just new BOOPSI classes, whereas MUI replaces a bigger part of the GUI. The reason I'm asking this, is if the native functions could be used by MUI, or if we would need new native functions for a MUI toolkit.

/Joakim

Thore Sittly

Jul 10, 2011, 8:07:09 AM7/10/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi

MUI is independed from the other GUIs. It has its own subset of classes which are loaded with special libraries, called "mcc" (MUI Custom Class).
You just have the right classes installed on your machine.

In JAmiga you can define somewhere what Toolkit should be used, as default this is intuition. We have to implement MUI as second system and define the definition this way. Then we need to implement nativ functions for each awt and swing GUI class. With the intuition part we can see how this can be established.
I don't think we can use the native functions which are implemented for intuition.

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:06:05 +0200
Von: "Joakim Nordström" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>