WB 3.1

zChris

Mar 11, 2012, 4:11:19 PM3/11/12
to jamiga2
Hi!

At the moment i've gotten java, jamint, jammsg, javaio, javalang and
javautil to compile on Wb3.1 with out much editing. It was mostly
changing the Makefile to the one java-io was using.

And in some case i had to disable JA_DEBUG and JA_ERROR otherwise i
would get undefined reference to several functions.

Trying to compile java-nio gives me this http://i40.tinypic.com/20kdrg2.png
and since im a real beginner on this i have no clue on how to solve
it.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Best Regards Christoffer Ekman

Thore Sittly

Mar 11, 2012, 4:22:16 PM3/11/12
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

It seems there is a missing link lib. Try to remove the "-nostartfiles" and try it again.
Usually a Lib should have -nostartfiles, but just give it a try.
For sockets, you need the developer files for socket.library or bsdsocket.library.

kind regards

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
Von: zChris <chris....@gmail.com>
An: jamiga2 <jam...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: WB 3.1

zChris

Mar 11, 2012, 4:57:47 PM3/11/12
to jamiga2
Hi Thore,

Thanks for you'r reply. I've tried removing -nostartfiles from the
make file to no prevail. Also i kinda sure i have bsdsocket.library's
developer files since i'm using Loiuse GCC harddisk file for UAE. In
there i have a assign AmiTCP which directs too ADE (Amiga developer
environment), in there there is a drawer called include that have sys/
socket.h. I think that's the required files?

On 11 mar, 21:22, "Thore Sittly" <TSit...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
>  It seems there is a missing link lib. Try to remove the "-nostartfiles"
> and try it again.
>  Usually a Lib should have -nostartfiles, but just give it a try.
> For sockets, you need the developer files for socket.library or
> bsdsocket.library.
>
> kind regards
>
> Thore
>

> >             -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
> > Von: zChris <chris.ekma...@gmail.com>

Thore Sittly

Mar 11, 2012, 5:09:53 PM3/11/12
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

Oh I've overseen that libnix produces the error. Try to use ixemul by removing "-noixemul". Then it should use ixemul.library instead of libnix. Unfortunately I am not at an Amiga like computer to check it.

regards

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:57:47 -0700 (PDT)

Von: zChris <chris....@gmail.com>
An: jamiga2 <jam...@googlegroups.com>

Betreff: Re: WB 3.1

Christoffer Ekman

Mar 12, 2012, 5:09:49 AM3/12/12
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thore,

I tried removing -noixemul, but that just gave me undefined references to ixemul instead. I think i've talked to Joakim about the matter and i vagly remembers that he said to use -noixemul option.

Best regards Christoffer Ekman

Joakim Nordström

Mar 12, 2012, 5:17:35 AM3/12/12
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

sorry for my absence. At the moment I don't have much time over for
JAmiga, but I hopefully will in a few weeks.

I noticed that java-nio uses my new global makefile:
LibCrossCompile.mk, whereas the other libraries uses their own. That's
probably why it doesn't compile like the others. Nonetheless, it
should be possible to compare the gcc-lines betwween f.e. java-io and
java-nio; they should be similar.

Regarding ixemul, I do not know if that must be used when compiling
for OS3 when using bsdsocket. But I would prefer not to use ixemul,
and I think it should be possible. Perhaps you can find example code
that uses bsdsocket.library that compiles on OS3. Try aminet.

/Joakim

Christoffer Ekman

Mar 12, 2012, 5:28:10 AM3/12/12
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joakim,

These errors that i get (undefined reference connect etc) are from using the same flags that are used on java-io (which compiles correctly).

Best regards Christoffer Ekman

ps. Did you get my mail according the website? ds