Jamiga MOS compile

Joakim Nordström

Jun 24, 2011, 6:06:43 AM6/24/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Jamiga
------------------------

From: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Date: 2010/11/28
To: joakim.n...@gmail.com

Hello

I want to inform you that JAmiga won't compile for MorphOS 2.6.
There are some issues, e.g. the switch -mcrt=clib2 won't work, ERROR_BROKEN_PIPE is missing,
JAmigaNotifyProcess is undeclared, NP_Child is undeclared...

I only could compile jamint.library, javaio.library, javalang.library and javautil.library.

I tried gcc 2.95.3 and gcc 4.4.4

Greetings

Thore

----------
Från: Joakim Nordström <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
Datum: 29 november 2010 09:33
Till: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Kopia: jam...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thore!

I have begun a cross-compiling script, which I *believe* already have a MOS-specific section. If you supply switches that work, I will include them.

I will look into the JAmigaNotifyProcess -- I'm thinking of changing that code anyways, it isn't very stable at the moment. I will try to commit some changes as soon as possible, it'd be great if you could keep me posted of any incompatibilities.

Also, any I'd like to keep all discussion in this group for reference -- jam...@googlegroups.com.

Best regards,
Joakim

----------
Från: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
Datum: 30 november 2010 19:51
Till: "\"Joakim Nordström\"" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>

Hi Joakim

I had a look at your makefiles and sources.
On MorphOS there is no -mcrt=lib2
I also found the reason why it cannot find JAmigaNotifyProcess.
The header is
STATIC int32 JAmigaNotifyProcess
I changed it to:
static int JAmigaNotifyProcess
which works.

The directive NP_CHILD is not present, I commented this line in locking.c

Then I get several errors in java_lang_VMProcess. This structure is different from MorphOS I think. I gave up due to too many errors for today...

Greetings

Thore

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:33:03 +0100
Von: "Joakim Nordström" <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
An: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>
CC: jam...@googlegroups.com
Betreff: Re: Jamiga

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit

----------
Från: Joakim Nordström <joakim.n...@gmail.com>
Datum: 30 november 2010 22:20
Till: Thore Sittly <TSi...@gmx.de>, jam...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thore,

I have altered the CrossCompile.mk and libCrossCompile.mk files to take care of MorphOS aswell. It uses the 'uname' command -- I hope this return 'MorphOS' on MorphOS. Edit them as you see fit, and tell me of any changes.
Changed in code. Seems to work for OS4 aswell.
Added #ifdef for that one.
Yes. I know. This file is in progress, and is in an even bigger mess now.

The thing is that the GNU CP implementation is very *nix-specific, assuming fork and stuff, whereas the actual Java implementation only has a very simple interface. So I'm curently in the process of ripping out all unneccessary stuff, and trying to map the Java interface more closely to the Amiga interface.
This does imply there are a few changes needed to the GNU CP, more precisely, a new VMProcess.class. This will in due time be available, but for now it isn't. I believe the best way is to remove any code in java_lang_VMProcess.c, keeping only empty functions. You won't be able to use Runtime.exec(), but other stuff would function okay.

I just committed a version that only has rudimentary functionality to the SVN, you could try that, and just comment stuff out if it doesn't compile -- as mentioned, Runtime.exec() (basically anything that launches external programs, like mauve) might not work very well, but other stuff should function.

Thank you for your efforts!

/Joakim