Build on Os3.1

zChris

Mar 19, 2011, 12:02:45 PM3/19/11
to jamiga2
Hi there im new to this group. Recently joined. I have been trying to
compile svn in Os3 with gcc, but to no avail. So i was wondering if
someone else have gotten the latest svn to build on Os3.

Greets zChris

Joakim Nordström

Mar 23, 2011, 8:24:02 AM3/23/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com

Hi zChris,

welcome to the project!

jAmiga should be buildable with GCC for OS3. I have however not been able to try it myself. I haver tried getting a cross-compiler environment for Linux functioning, but have focused on OS4.

The README (http://code.google.com/p/jamiga2/source/browse/trunk/jamiga/README) mentions how it should be done. There is a Makefile in the root-dir, that I think does *not* work yet, so you have to manually CD to each java-#? dir according to the readme.

Each Makefile includes the CrossCompile.mk (for main exec under src/) and LibCrossCompile.mk (for libraries under each java-#? dir), any changes needed for different compilers should go there. If you make changes, please supply them so I can update the SVN.

In what kind of environment are you trying to build it? OS3 on WinUAE and some Geek gadget-install, or some cross-compiler setup?

/Joakim

zChris

Mar 24, 2011, 8:10:45 AM3/24/11
to jamiga2
From what i can make of it part 1.1 and 1.2 is to setup an environment
to use the java executable, and part 2 is for compiling. Ive done what
it says and when i do a make in src (after make in include) i get
make: *** [jni.o] error 1. Ive tried to google this error but cant
come to a conclusion.

Im using Louise Dev harddrive file (
http://www.innoidea.hu/subsites/amiga/developer/FILES/HardFiles/gcc111.txt
).

On 23 mar, 13:24, Joakim Nordström <joakim.nordst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi zChris,
>
> welcome to the project!
>
> jAmiga should be buildable with GCC for OS3. I have however not been able to
> try it myself. I haver tried getting a cross-compiler environment for Linux
> functioning, but have focused on OS4.
>
> The README (http://code.google.com/p/jamiga2/source/browse/trunk/jamiga/README) mentions
> how it should be done. There is a Makefile in the root-dir, that I think
> does *not* work yet, so you have to manually CD to each java-#? dir
> according to the readme.
>
> Each Makefile includes the CrossCompile.mk (for main exec under src/) and
> LibCrossCompile.mk (for libraries under each java-#? dir), any changes
> needed for different compilers should go there. If you make changes, please
> supply them so I can update the SVN.
>
> In what kind of environment are you trying to build it? OS3 on WinUAE and
> some Geek gadget-install, or some cross-compiler setup?
>
> /Joakim

Joakim Nordström

Mar 24, 2011, 4:02:18 PM3/24/11
to jam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm curently trying to get it to compile on the hardfile you linked to.
There seems to be a few defines for OS4 stuff that needs to be looked over, and the config.h didn't have the auto config option enabled.

I'll let you know when I have sorted things, so you can make an SVN update.

/Joakim