"Accept-Ranges" header and Blink Browsers

Zack Krida

Jul 29, 2022, 3:18:03 PM7/29/22
to jamendo-dev
Hi folks! I work on the Openverse project, a non profit project part of the WordPress ecosystem which displays image and audio results. We collect and share results from Jamendo. We've noticed that audio responses from Jamendo lack the "Accept-Ranges" HTTP header, which prevents Jamendo tracks from being seeked in browsers using the Blink engine.

I believe if Jamendo audio responses had the 'Accept-Ranges: bytes' header set this wouldn't be an issue. Here's some issues relevant to this problem: