Strange menu issue with v5.4.124

Manos Pappas

Aug 26, 2022, 4:51:12 AM8/26/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hello,

Yesterday I've upgaded jam.py to a test installation I use, in order to test before the installation to the live site. It might not be a bug but I would like some clarification and ways to fix it, if I decide to upgrade to 5.4.124.

We have the following task tree. Please note the marked tree items in order to explain the issue:

1.jpg
These two task group items expand as follows:
(authentication, ID 18)
2.jpg
(catalogs, ID 2)
3.jpg
So, we have the following layout:
ID 18 contains IDs 19 and 20
ID 2 contains IDs 27 and 33.

On v5.4.122 both highlighted options (ID 19 and 33) appear on the top application menu since no other ID on the same task item is to be shown (i.e IDs 20 and 27 are hidden):
4.jpg

On v5.4.124 instead of the correct IDs (19 and 33), the framework shows IDs 18 and 2 instead, with no drop-down menu when the user clicks on either of them. Also, when the user clicks on the menu with item ID 2, the action associated with ID 33 is executed and when she clicks on ID 18, action with ID 19 is executed instead.

It would make sense (to me) if the framework would at least show the top-level IDs 18 and 2 (since they are visible) and then show a drop-down menu showing the IDs 19 and 33 respectively; instead the text of ID 18 is shown but when the user clicks on it, action with ID 19 is executed. This creates confusion.

I've reverted back to v5.2.122 and everything works normally again.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Drazen D. Babic

Aug 26, 2022, 5:27:23 AM8/26/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Manos,
will be difficult to debug with no access, can you send export to Andrew?
Also might be a browser cache, seen it before.
Regards
D.

Manos Pappas

Aug 26, 2022, 5:37:48 AM8/26/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Drazen,

I will try to send the exported project to Andrew, hope he can replicate the issue.
I have cleaned the browser cache and even tried different browsers with the same issue

Regards,
Manos

Andrew Yushev

Aug 29, 2022, 4:43:35 AM8/29/22
to Manos Pappas, Jam.py Users Mailing List
Manos, Thank you for your help.
I corrected the issue.

Manos S. Pappas

Aug 29, 2022, 6:41:14 AM8/29/22
to Andrew Yushev, Jam.py Users Mailing List

Hello Andrew,

              Thank you very much for your help and support!

Manos S. Pappás

Address: D. Synadinou 8, 82131 Chios, GREECE
PGP key available on request

net.314 Development - Blog - Facebook - YouTube - LinkedIn

Danijel Kaurin

Sep 1, 2022, 2:28:43 AM9/1/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Andrew.

In new update, menu don't show divider when using quotes ' '.

Example: [task.invoices, '', task.customers] don't have divider in menu dropdown. Everything is shown together.

Regards

Andrew Yushev

Sep 1, 2022, 6:04:30 AM9/1/22
to Danijel Kaurin, Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi, Danijel

I fixed this.
Please upgrade to 5.4.126.

Regards, Andrew

Danijel Kaurin

Sep 2, 2022, 2:04:02 AM9/2/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Thank you Andrew.

Horizontal dividers are now visible in menu.