How to copy record? For master-datail

app

Sep 26, 2022, 9:21:09 PM9/26/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List

Hello

is it possible to copy some record and insert as new one? If so, how to do that for Master-detail as well?

Thank you

Danijel Kaurin

Oct 1, 2022, 9:56:35 AM10/1/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi.

Regards

Danijel Kaurin

Drazen D. Babic

Oct 3, 2022, 12:35:56 AM10/3/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hey Danijel,

I think that is not what the OP is asking though. I think it is about simple copy/paste(insert) operation for any type of table, like Journals
as well as Catalogs.
With the code from Simone, as I see it, we would need to code ALL posible scenarios for copy/paste. So what happens with 100 tables?

I think simple and general way does not exist at the moment. It is needed though.

D.

app

Oct 3, 2022, 9:22:14 PM10/3/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Thank you

I need simple insert current record as new.

app

Oct 7, 2022, 12:37:06 AM10/7/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hello,

I found this thread to "clone" the record: https://groups.google.com/g/jam-py/c/2DTICP_zrLU/m/z9QRapY7DQAJ

The thread mentioned Lookup_fields, but does not mention Journals? I got empty Journal with the procedure.

Please help

Fabio Lenzarini

Oct 24, 2022, 5:59:20 AM10/24/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi app.
I think do you nedd to copy all the child tables manually by code.

app

Nov 3, 2022, 2:45:29 AM11/3/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Thank you for reply. I am new to this, and my programming is bad.

Many times need to copy same data. Only small change, like data time, etc

Dean D. Babic

Dec 18, 2023, 9:22:06 PM12/18/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Andrew,

following this thread and a new github question https://github.com/jam-py/jam-py/issues/282

I think there is still no general solution. It would be great to have one!

D.