The Doco for newbie or "would be" Jam user/developer

Drazen D. Babic

Jul 1, 2022, 3:46:53 AM7/1/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi,

I'll update a new release from time to time.

Any tips or suggestions are welcomed.

Enjoy
Jampydesigntips.pdf

Fabio Lenzarini

Jul 13, 2022, 1:43:09 AM7/13/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Great job Drazen

sorry for the delay, but I'm very busy..

ciao
Fabio

Drazen D. Babic

Jul 13, 2022, 3:53:34 AM7/13/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Thank you

The new release is here:

If anyone has anything to add, please chip in. Particularly about the Demo Application and general tips.

I was asked from the MS Access developers forum to convert Northwind database to Jam, there is a huge interest.
But free time is the issue...

D.

Drazen D. Babic

Mar 16, 2023, 11:24:21 PM3/16/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
New version:

Cdded ACE Code Editor shortcuts to Development Checklist and heaps of Access Migration issues.
As noted, a huge interest from MS Access users. Like, I'm getting almost daily emails for migration.

Still open for suggestions what to add into this Doc which is not covered in formal Docs. Thx

Dean D. Babic

Apr 26, 2023, 3:23:00 AM4/26/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Added link to admin.sqlite Mind Map and Lookup Lists idea for Access developers.

Dean D. Babic

Jun 20, 2023, 4:10:19 AM6/20/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
A lot of Access users are using 00_table, 01_table, 02_table etc.

Updated the document to mitigate this problem with renaming the tables with python script.

The other issue is hard coded values, instead of using Primary/Foreign Keys. MS Access Analyse Table
Wizard might help with this before using migration Web site.

Dean D. Babic

Nov 16, 2023, 2:28:44 AM11/16/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Update:

- added how to create API for the Personal Account Ledger. This is how we can get the Actual Amount from the application:

curl -k https://msaccess.pythonanywhere.com/ext/expenses -d "[]" -H  "Content-Type: application/json"

The example has no authentication, so anyone can use it.