Logging the IP in History

Drazen D. Babic

Jan 24, 2023, 11:49:16 PM1/24/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Andrew,
can it be done? With NO "Safe Mode" and also with it.

I think it's needed. My App does not use "Safe mode", no need,
every user has dedicated IP, we know who the users are.

Regards
D.

Andrew Yushev

Jan 26, 2023, 3:24:53 AM1/26/23
to Drazen D. Babic, Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi, Drazen

I don't understand why to use history when the safe mode is off.
When it is on it is better to create an item that will register when the user logged in and his IP.
In real projects the table that is used to write history of changes could be very big.

Regards

Drazen D. Babic

Jan 26, 2023, 9:52:23 PM1/26/23
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Actually, I think the History is not providing the Old value!
To be fair I also think the Old vale is needed. How did we miss this?

Andrew Yushev

Jan 28, 2023, 4:49:14 AM1/28/23
to Drazen D. Babic, Jam.py Users Mailing List
About the old value.
I removed it, since storing it increases the size of the database,
but information about it is present in the history.
It was important for one of my projects
As far as user information is concerned, IP can be stored without using history.