Is there BNF form for jalv2?

yakshaver

Mar 31, 2023, 11:17:47 AM3/31/23
to jallist
Hello all,

I recently wrote a major mode for editing JAL in Emacs.

https://github.com/hidsh/jal-mode

Currently, the following features are implemented.

- syntax highlighting
- compiling.jal
- On-the-fly syntax checking (flymake and flycheck)

As a new feature, I would like to implement an auto-indentation feature.
For that purpose, it would be helpful if there was a syntax definition for the BNF form implemented by the current jalv2 compiler, but I couldn't find it by googling.

Is there a syntax definition for the JAL language somewhere?

Also, it would be helpful to have the source of the jalv2 compiler.

Thanks.

Rob CJ

Mar 31, 2023, 11:21:14 AM3/31/23
to jallist
Hi hideaki,

Yes there is a description of the JAL language. You can find it in the compiler directory of the JAL release.

I attached it to this e-mail.

Kind regards,

Rob

Apr 7, 2023, 11:51:03 AM4/7/23
to jallist
Great thanks Rob!

I have one question about the JAL manual you attached.

In chapter 7 (page 28) I saw an Example code "WHILE ... END WHILE".
page7.png
This syntax occurs an error in jalv25r7(jalv2-osx) I would use.
test.png

Do you plan to implement this syntax in a future version?

If so, I'm thinking that my auto-indent feature should also support this syntax.
I would be happy if this was just a typo.

Thanks
2023年4月1日土曜日 0:21:14 UTC+9 Rob CJ:

Rob CJ

Apr 7, 2023, 11:53:04 AM4/7/23
to jallist
Hi hideaki,

Well found, that should be end loop. I will correct the documentation.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: woensdag 5 april 2023 03:34
Aan: jallist <jal...@googlegroups.com>
Onderwerp: Re: [jallist] Is there BNF form for jalv2?

rob...@hotmail.com

Apr 12, 2023, 1:03:37 PM4/12/23
to jallist
Hi hideaki,

The documentation was corrected and is available in the last bee-package of Jallib.

Kind regards,

Rob