Library for the Bluetooth HC-06 module

rob...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2021, 2:09:31 PM3/20/21
to jallist
Hello Jallibber, Jallisters,

Since there was a request for a library for the HC-06 - and because I think it is an interesting device - I made a library for it including 3 sample programs.

The functionality of these sample programs and how to use the library can be seen in the following video: https://youtu.be/dw29M2YqFR4

I also wanted to write a short blog on the JAL download site but for some reason I cannot login and I cannot reset my password. Anyway the video is more than sufficient to understand how it works. The video is not perfect but a bit better than my previous video (about how to use JAL).

The HC-06 is a Bluetooth slave device but I also ordered a HC-05 which can act as master. My next challenge will be to write a library for that. This would make it possible to connect two PICs via Bluetooth.

The library and the sample files will be in the next bee-package.

I must say that I am quite satisfied with the range of this device. It was even better than with the nRF24L01 and it is easier to use (but only one channel of course).

So if you plan to use this library and have any questions or issues. let me know.

Kind regards,

Rob