New library HC-05 as Bluetooth Master

rob...@hotmail.com

May 29, 2021, 10:35:07 AM5/29/21
to jallist
Hello all,

After making the HC-06 library for using an HC-06 as Bluetooth slave I thought it would be handy to have a library that can be used as Bluetooth master. So I made this library for the HC-05 Bluetooth device that can act as master and slave.

I included one HC-05 master sample program which supports 2 features:
1) Setting up the HC-05 as master
2) Use the HC-05 as wireless comport

More information can be found in this video: https://youtu.be/4X1y0ykpM14

I am planning to also add an HC-05 slave sample file since the HC-05 can be used both as Bluetooth master or as Bluetooth slave.

Kind regards,

Rob

Patrick FROUCHT

May 30, 2021, 5:01:53 AM5/30/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rob for your job creating new libraries. It will make JAL more attractive for new users. Personnaly, JAL is the only available langage for very small application in tiny place.
I'm designing a Japan train in N scale and I have developped a serial simple bus for the signal system with red/ green lights. It can also support a third light, for the three available outputs of the tiny 10F323.
he PCB will be about 10mm x 10 mm for the PIC,1 capacitor and 3 resistors. it will fit in a tiny sigal box close to the signal itself.

Rob CJ

May 30, 2021, 6:28:57 AM5/30/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

Thanks and I agree. I once created a blink-a-led program in C for Arduino and it was almost 1k in size while it was 60 bytes in size on a PIC using JAL. It might be that I do not understand enough of Arduino but I could not explain why it had to be so big in size.

2020 was the year in which I created a lot of new JAL libraries - thanks to Corona 🙂 that kept me of the street - as requested by some of the JAL users and I am not sure if there is a need for more libraries. I made the Bluetooth libraries because of a question about this from one of the JAL users (and I ran out of projects anyway 🙂).

Good luck with your project.

Kind regards,

Rob