MIT app inventor

hans

Jan 20, 2022, 10:59:07 AM1/20/22
to jallib

Hello all,

Because I make quite a lot with servos, I have now used the HC-05.

Of course thanks to the Bluetooth lib.

 To control the case I used an Arduino servo controller. This produces a number in 2 bytes such as 1120, which means servo 1 to 120 degrees. The bytes come through without a preceding start byte, which I find not very elegant.

  I converted that 0 to 180 to 0 to 255 and with that I control the servos via known servo lib.

It works well, but my iPhone still shows the range from 0 to 180.

Now I see some things made with MIT app inventor. Before I start racking my old brain with this, I'd like to ask if anyone has already done something with this.

regards

Hans

Sunish Issac

Jan 26, 2022, 1:15:47 AM1/26/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
I use B4A for any kind of embedded Android App.  I have also published a terminal app on playstore built on B4a for wifi/bluetooth/USB to serial terminal control.
Pretty good and now its free.

Regards,
Sunish

hans

Jan 28, 2022, 2:30:04 AM1/28/22
to jallib

Hi Sunish,

Thank you for your response. I tried your app and used it to read the arduino codes from the “Uno Servo control”app

. I'm using this app now but as I said, in the used code is missing a fixed start byte . I've also tried to follow the video of the program you mentioned, but it's very hard for me to follow. Thanks anyway .

Hans

hans

Apr 8, 2022, 4:07:05 PM4/8/22
to jallib
Hi Rob and others,
I'm still using the Arduino app for the HC-05 (with the lib for the HC_06). I also found the lib for the HC-05 , and a video of it. Is there already a sample file and is there also a text available from the video?
I have three HC-05's two I want to use as slaves and one as master.
regards
Hans

Rob CJ

Apr 9, 2022, 2:11:10 AM4/9/22
to jallib
Hi Hans,

You already found these video's?  I did not add subtitle if you that is what you where asking.

This video will show the functionality of the JAL library for the Bluetooth HC-06 module. Two applications will be demonstrated.The video is not perfect but ...

This video will show the functionality of the JAL library for the Bluetooth HC-05 module connecting as a Bluetooth master to an HC-06 Bluetooth slave device....
Sample files are in the sample directory:
-) One for the HC-05: 16f15325_bluetooth_hc05_master.jal
-) Three for the HC-06: 16f877a_bluetooth_hc06_slave.jal, 16f1823_bluetooth_hc06_slave.jal and 16f15325_bluetooth_hc06_slave.jal

I did not make a sample file for the hc05 as slave but you should be able to use it in slave mode.

Let me know if you ran into any issues.

Kind regards,

Rob

Apr 9, 2022, 3:00:37 AM4/9/22
to jallib
Rob,
You've made beautiful videos, unfortunately I'm having some vision problems and that's why I was hoping you had a text document of it. I can enlarge that step by step.
regards
Hans

Rob CJ

Apr 9, 2022, 4:04:09 AM4/9/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

No, I am not that professional that I script the video before I make it. Most information is luckily shown in the slides used in the video. Only on the part where there is the demo you do not see any text but you can listen to my Dutch-English accent 🙂.

BTW. I have seen that these modules are delivered with a different kind of firmware (once I had one that did not support the features it should support) so it may happen that the library will not work with modules that have firmware that act differently. Something to keep in mind.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: zaterdag 9 april 2022 09:00