12F617_virtual_wire_transmitter/receiverrework for a 16F648a

hans

Jun 18, 2022, 12:46:25 PM6/18/22
to jallib
Hello all,
Here I am again. I have tried to adapt the example program : 12F617_virtual_wire_transmitter/receiver for a 16F648a. Even though the compilation doesn't throw any errors, the case doesn't work. Do any of you have the time and inclination to take a look at it?
  Thanks again for the umpteenth time.
Hans
16f648a_433mhz_receiver.jal
16f648a_433mhz_transmitter.jal

Rob CJ

Jun 19, 2022, 2:18:20 AM6/19/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

I could not see something wrong in the code, except that the bitrate calculation is not correct because your PIC runs at 4 MHz instead of 8 MHz but that would not be a problem since it is the same for the transmitter and the receiver.

So what is not working? Did you try to connect the output of the transmitter directly to the input of the receiver to test if that works (so without an RF module)?

Another question. This sample program assumes that the transmitter and receiver have an input to select a high or low bitrate. Since you disabled the weak pull-up in  your program (your PIC does not have this on all pins) these pins are floating so it is not sure what is selected as bitrate. It could then happen that the transmitter is using a high bitrate and the receiver a low bitrate (or the other way around or even a random behaviour) and that will not work. So my suggestion is to use pull-up resistors on the input pin or at least connect them to ground or VCC and selecting the same bitrate on both sides.

Kind regards,

Rob

Jun 19, 2022, 5:46:40 AM6/19/22
to jallib
Hi Rob
Great, I have taken out the selection and forced both to the low bitrate and it works.
Thanks
regards
Hans

Rob CJ

Jun 19, 2022, 7:05:00 AM6/19/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
 Hi Hans,

Good to hear. Because your PIC runs at 4 MHz you should indeed use the lower bitrate.

Kind regards,
Rob

Met vriendelijke groet,
Rob Jansen