I can't use font8*12?!?

majid ebru

Jul 26, 2021, 6:34:34 AM7/26/21
to jallib
Hi to all

I comeback
Don't worry , everything is ok
🤣🤣🤣

I can't use font 8*12,
Can someone help and guide me ?!

FontError.png--;@main
include 18f4520
pragma target clock 8_000_000 -- xtal frequency
pragma target OSC hs
pragma target WDT disabled
pragma target LVP disabled
enable_digital_io()
---------------------------------- GRAPHIC_LCD IO definition ------
var byte GLCD_DATAPRT is portD
var byte GLCD_DATAPRT_DIR is portD_direction
alias GLCD_E is pin_b0
alias GLCD_RW is pin_b1
alias GLCD_DI is pin_b2
alias GLCD_CS1 is pin_b3
alias GLCD_CS2 is pin_b4
alias GLCD_RST is pin_b5
--
alias GLCD_CS1_DIRECTION is pin_b3_direction
alias GLCD_CS2_DIRECTION is pin_b4_direction
alias GLCD_RST_DIRECTION is pin_b5_direction
alias GLCD_E_DIRECTION is pin_b0_direction
alias GLCD_RW_DIRECTION is pin_b1_direction
alias GLCD_DI_DIRECTION is pin_b2_direction
--
--const GLCD_CLIPPING = TRUE -- enable clipping (of ellipse)
--
include delay
include glcd_5x7_font
include glcd_6x8_font
include glcd_8x12_font
include glcd_font
glcd_font_use(FONT_5X7)
--
include glcd_ks0108
include glcd_common
--
glcd_init()
glcd_clear_screen()
--------------------------------
glcd_font_use(FONT_8X12)
glcd_char_goto(1, 1)
print_string(glcd,"Seting")
delay_1s(2)
---------------------------------
glcd_font_use(FONT_6X8)
glcd_char_goto(1, 20)
print_string(glcd,"Seting")
delay_1s(2)
---------------------------------
glcd_font_use(FONT_5X7)
glcd_char_goto(1, 40)
print_string(glcd,"Seting")
delay_1s(2)
---------------------------------
forever loop
end loop

Rob CJ

Jul 26, 2021, 12:43:47 PM7/26/21
to jallib
Hi Majid,

Normally a character fits on one row in height when it is at most 8 pixels high so that's why it is straight forward to print a font like 5 * 7 or 6 *8. A 8 * 12 font does not fit on one row (12 pixels instead of 8) and if you want to use that font anyway it is rotated but you then also have to rotate your LCD.

A solution would be to implement the font without rotation but for that - if I am correct - the driver needs to be updated.

Kind regards,

Rob

Jul 26, 2021, 2:22:20 PM7/26/21
to jallib
Hi Rob
How can I do that?!

Kind regards

Rob CJ

Jul 26, 2021, 2:46:29 PM7/26/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

Make a copy, make the changes, test it and if it works we could add it to Jallib as an improved version.

It may take you some time to fix it.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Rob Jansen

Jul 27, 2021, 1:43:36 PM7/27/21
to jallib
Hi Rob

I don't findout ?!😳🤔

My program is above and I complie it and I don't see correctly?!

Can you guide me more?!!

Thank you

majid ebru

Jul 28, 2021, 6:12:59 AM7/28/21
to jallib
please guide me

Oliver Seitz

Jul 28, 2021, 8:00:12 AM7/28/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

you see, it would probably need two or three workdays, maybe much more to make the characters able to rotate, be it only the 8*12 font, or all fonts, only by 90 degrees or also by 270 or 180.

Instead of just doing it, explaining all the steps to you would need about three times as long.

Noone found the time to do that until now. I presume noone will find three times as long a time to not only do it, but teach you to do it.

If you can't find out to do it by yourself, I don't think you can urge someone else to do it for you just when you need it to be done, let alone teach you how to do it.

If you want to decide what other people do, in this world, you usually have to pay them.

Greets,
Kiste

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2021, 12:40:58 MESZ hat majid ebru <majid...@gmail.com> Folgendes geschrieben:
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jallib/d36e133d-ae51-4fd2-a9b1-ae9b2e376c53n%40googlegroups.com
.

majid ebru

Aug 10, 2021, 1:38:28 PM8/10/21
to jallib

Hi to all

I read pdf's files about jal

But I can find any command about rotate ?!

I don't find any sample about font 6*8 that it work correctly!!

Can show me which files I should read those?!

I can't rotate font

Rob CJ

Aug 11, 2021, 1:37:11 PM8/11/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

No you cannot rotate fonts, at least there is no library that does that for you.

If you want to use a rotated font you have define it (draw it) as a rotated font.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: dinsdag 10 augustus 2021 19:38
Aan: jallib <jal...@googlegroups.com>
Onderwerp: Re: [jallib] I can't use font8*12?!?

majid ebru

Aug 27, 2021, 3:14:11 PM8/27/21
to jallib
Ok
How can I draw it (font)

I use Image draw , but I didn't see any thing?!
Help me
I need this font or draw an image ?!

Rob CJ

Aug 29, 2021, 9:44:50 AM8/29/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

You have to study glcd_font.jal which explains the difference between a horizontal font and a vertical font (which is a rotated horizontal font).

In glcd_common there is a procedure glcd_write_char_pbp() that writes a font in horizontal or vertical direction using pixels. I never tried is.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: vrijdag 27 augustus 2021 21:14

majid ebru

Sep 10, 2021, 2:11:23 AM9/10/21
to jallib
Hi Rob

i read glcd_font.jal and procedure glcd_write_char_pbp().
but i didn't find out.
i am not special
help me more , please

thank you

Rob CJ

Sep 10, 2021, 2:36:37 AM9/10/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

I had sent you an update of the library yesterday since I already implemented this for you and you already shared that it worked. Why this response?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Rob Jansen
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 8:11:23 AM