Pic_program_eeprom

hans

Jul 18, 2022, 11:23:36 AM7/18/22
to jallib
Hello,
For a very old program I used the lib pic_program_eeprom, does it still exist somewhere?
greetings
Hans

Rob CJ

Jul 18, 2022, 12:48:43 PM7/18/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

Was your plan to program the eeprom separately or program eeprom from your JAL program?

You can program eeprom with a PICkit3 (and I assume also a Pickit2) and for programming it  from your JAL program you can use pic_data_eeprom.jal.

Kind regards,

Rob

Jul 18, 2022, 3:23:05 PM7/18/22
to jallib
I used the pic-data-eeprom and the  the attached lib in a years_old_still_working-program  but the attached is not working anymore. I got errors in compiling.

Op maandag 18 juli 2022 om 18:48:43 UTC+2 schreef rob...@hotmail.com:
pic_program_eeprom.jal

Rob CJ

Jul 19, 2022, 12:42:33 PM7/19/22
to jallib
Hi Hans,

This seems to be a very old library completely written in assembly.

I suggest you use the current library pic_data_eeprom.jal and replace the following:
  • Program_EEprom_Read --> data_eeprom_read_word
  • Program_EEprom --> data_eeprom_word
  • Program_EEprom_Write --> data_eeprom_write_word
You can use the same parameters in both procedures and functions. It should then work again.

But please check this library and read the note about the EEPROM offset (EEPROM_ADDRESS_OFFSET) since some PICs need it and I do not know which one you are using.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: maandag 18 juli 2022 21:23
Aan: jallib <jal...@googlegroups.com>
Onderwerp: Re: [jallib] Pic_program_eeprom

hans

Jul 19, 2022, 2:48:41 PM7/19/22
to jallib
Hi Rob,
If you look at my site, www.teeduuster.nl, on the first page you will find SMART METER READER. This animal did fine until last week, but our energy supplier has placed another meter with something different. Hence. I'll see what I can do with your tips. thanks again.
regards
Hans

vsurducan

Jul 20, 2022, 12:24:09 AM7/20/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hans, your site is down?
Does your meter measure reactive energy too? Thx.

hans

Jul 20, 2022, 3:53:06 AM7/20/22
to jallib
Hi Vasile,
my site    www.tweeduuster.nl  works fine. Sorry for the mistake  What do you mean with reactive energy? I shows in and out Kwhr and save the data for some time.

Oliver Seitz

Jul 20, 2022, 4:13:14 AM7/20/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

a pure resistor takes only "active power". Inductors and capacitors also take "reactive power", both kinds of power combined are called "apparent power" (all of the names translate similarly to dutch).

There are cheap devices, which do measure neither of the three but completly wrong values when loaded inductively or capacitively. But, from what I read before, the meter is provided by your utility company, therefore it must be a device which correctly measures "active power". It could, however, also output one or both of the other powers, or a number called "power factor" or "cos phi".

Greets,
Kiste

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2022 um 09:53:08 MESZ hat hans <hanz...@zeelandnet.nl> Folgendes geschrieben:

hans

Jul 20, 2022, 5:27:21 AM7/20/22
to jallib
Thanks Kiste for the lesson. Indeed i use the signal out of the utility company unit. I have reworked the program foloowing Rob's advice and now the compiling works. Next the practical part . Attached the revised program.
regards
Hans

Op woensdag 20 juli 2022 om 10:13:14 UTC+2 schreef Kiste:
Smart_meter.lay6
smart_meter_Iskra_2022.jal

Rob CJ

Jul 20, 2022, 1:50:58 PM7/20/22
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

I did not know you had your own website.  Interesting projects.

I saw you changed the code to the eeprom library which is now used in Jallib and it compiles. I think it should work fine but let me know if it does not.

Good luck with your smart meter.

Kind regards,

Rob

BTW. I assume you had no problems with the truncation warnings but in general it is better to solve them.

Verzonden: woensdag 20 juli 2022 11:27