CTRL-Y

mattschinkel

Jan 19, 2010, 6:01:02 PM1/19/10
to jaledit
Can you please either disable CTRL-Y or change it to "redo"

I am used to having CTRL-Z as "undo" and CTRL-Y as "redo". As jaledit
was orignally a windows software, these controls should match that of
other windows programs (such as microsoft word which uses ctrl-y)

Currenty, when I press CTRL-Y it deletes my code!

Thanks,
Matt.

Sunish Issac

Jan 20, 2010, 2:50:59 AM1/20/10
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Ctrl-z is kinda standard but Ctrl-Y not that much. Ctrl-Y is delete current line.
I'll try to have a UI for editing the keyboard shortcuts in the next version.

Sunish

Mike@watty

Feb 2, 2010, 6:43:35 PM2/2/10
to jaledit

On Jan 20, 7:50 am, Sunish Issac <sunish....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ctrl-z is kinda standard but Ctrl-Y not that much. Ctrl-Y is delete current
> line.
> I'll try to have a UI for editing the keyboard shortcuts in the next
> version.

Paint Shop Pro, is only package I much use redo
It's Ctrl Alt Z
Undo is Ctrl Z

The only really cross application short cuts (date back to some CP/M
applications) are
Ctrl Z = unZap = undo
Ctrl X = eXcise = cut
Ctrl C = Copy
Ctrl V = moVe = paste

They are all in a line. I've used CP/M, MSDOS CP/M 86, Windows, UNIX,
Though MS Word has "Redo" as ctrl Y, I've never used it.

I admit if presented with "vi" I will install "nano".

Also different apps have a different concept of "Redo". If you did
Ctrl X, "Redo" might do a second cut.

I think Notepad++ uses Ctrl Y as Redo, but it seems more like an Undo
in operation. Notepad++ (free) can be (or Textpad (shareware)) can be
customised for JAL syntax and can integrate with Compiler. Both it and
Textpad handle multiple files.

But I prefer JalEdit.

Maybe what you want is a command History.

Mike@watty

Feb 2, 2010, 6:47:52 PM2/2/10
to jaledit
Actually it's only seconds work to go in Jaledit to Tools | Editor
Settings | Keystrokes
(last tab)
Delete the CtrlY entry
Add ecRedo and press CtrlY

So JalEdit does do what you want?

mattschinkel

Feb 3, 2010, 1:25:44 AM2/3/10
to jaledit
Yes, custom key's would be nice as well as Sunish mentioned.

My opologies Sunish, I think you said once that you will be doing
this, but I had forgotten.

Thanks,
Matt.