bootloader option

mattschinkel

Dec 18, 2009, 2:07:06 AM12/18/09
to jaledit
I clicked on "use the 18 series bootloader preamble" but it doesn't
work with Rob's bootloader software

It shows this compiler commandline:

E:\jalv2\compiler\bin\jalv2.exe "E:\jalv2\workspace\fat32_include.jal"
-s "E:\jalv2\lib" -loader18 -no-variable-reuse

Rob's bootloader software asks for "-loader18 4", jal edit misses the
4

Also, the "additional command line params to jalv2.exe" does not seem
to work at all

Thanks,
Matt.

Sunish Issac

Dec 18, 2009, 6:41:07 AM12/18/09
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt,

The additional cmdline params bug and variables not listed in code tree view has been fixed.
The exe is available at http://jaledit.googlecode.com/files/jaledit0.6.2.zip

Sunish

mattschinkel

Dec 19, 2009, 1:02:36 AM12/19/09
to jaledit
Ok, great, but it still only shows "-loader18" and not "-loader18 4"
when I click on the loader18 checkbox.

Matt.

On Dec 18, 6:41 am, Sunish Issac <sunish....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> The additional cmdline params bug and variables not listed in code tree view
> has been fixed.

> The exe is available athttp://jaledit.googlecode.com/files/jaledit0.6.2.zip
>
> Sunish

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM, mattschinkel <mattschin...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I clicked on "use the 18 series bootloader preamble" but it doesn't
> > work with Rob's bootloader software
>
> > It shows this compiler commandline:
>
> > E:\jalv2\compiler\bin\jalv2.exe "E:\jalv2\workspace\fat32_include.jal"
> > -s "E:\jalv2\lib" -loader18 -no-variable-reuse
>
> > Rob's bootloader software asks for "-loader18 4", jal edit misses the
> > 4
>
> > Also, the "additional command line params to jalv2.exe" does not seem
> > to work at all
>
> > Thanks,

> > Matt.- Hide quoted text -

mattschinkel

Dec 19, 2009, 1:16:46 AM12/19/09
to jaledit
I also notice that this works as additional command line params
-s "E:\jalv2\lib" -no-variable-reuse -loader18 4

and this doesn't:
-s "E:\jalv2\lib\" -no-variable-reuse -loader18 4

with a "\" after lib

Sunish Issac

Dec 19, 2009, 11:47:16 AM12/19/09
to jal...@googlegroups.com
That's as expected. The additional commandline params work as it is. Actually it should work without -s when lib folder is specified in environment options.

Sunish

Sunish Issac

Dec 19, 2009, 12:59:54 PM12/19/09
to jal...@googlegroups.com
-loader 18 is the command line option specified by Kyle.I don't know what 4 means.

When using the bootloader, actually the programmer tab should be used. I don't know about Rob's bootloader, but I use PICBootplus.

Sunish

Sebastien Lelong

Dec 19, 2009, 2:02:13 PM12/19/09
to jal...@googlegroups.com
-loader18 4 tell the compiler to jump 4 word when starting. This option can take arguments or not. tinybld2 requires 4

Seb
--
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net

Matthew Schinkel

Dec 20, 2009, 3:02:19 AM12/20/09
to jal...@googlegroups.com
I think 4 means start at program memory location 4

From: sunis...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:29:54 +0530
Subject: Re: bootloader option
To: jal...@googlegroups.com